Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Trade Regrets?

by Rurouni_Fencer Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Earlier today I was reminiscing about some of the game swaps I've done over the years with friends and other fellow gamers and I got the idea to start this thread about trades we've maybe regretted in the long run. What regrets do you guys have about trading away one game or system away for another?

For me, it was trading a CIB Lufia for a Secret of Mana cart as a teenager. As much as I loved SoM then, and still do today, I really wish I hung onto my Lufia.. And not just for what it's worth, but for the memories of playing the hell out of it on snow days.. :(
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
loganm187
32-bit

Re: Trade Regrets?

by loganm187 Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:57 pm

I traded killer instinct for ....clay fighter when i was 8....
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:58 pm

I can't think of anything I kept all my games for the most part. :)
Last edited by Dakinggamer87 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
weasels
Next-Gen

by weasels Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:03 pm

i have done a lot, many i am ashamed of. star ocean 2 for like 15 bucks....vagrant story i got rid of for fm3...but that's more forgiving since it's now my favorite ps1 game. so many more.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:16 pm

When my brother and I were young... My brother and a friend in his class borrowed SNES games from each other, they would swap them. So he gave him Eek! The Cat for Judge Dred, and then his friend moved away. I remember being pissed because I liked Eek.

I bet if I played Eek right now I'd think it's a horrible game, but I remember liking it. I still have the box for the game, which is weird because I don't have a lot of boxes from original SNES purchases (damn young, foolish version of myself!).

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 pm

You know, I don't mind so much stuff I've traded away because I can get all of it back with a little persistance and proper budgeting of my money

However, I have traded or sold some good stuff in my life. The original black and white gameboy, various super nintendo games and NES games, some old game magazines. I also gave away a huge stack of comic books when I was young that may have included any number of classics. My biggest regret is probably all those old GI Joes and Transformers I sold when I was a kid. Only thing I have now is a generation 1 Hot Rod Transformers figure I got off ebay a few years ago

On the plus side, I've recently reaquired Chrono Trigger, which I once traded away. And I got the box too, which I didn't have with my original copy. I'm actually focusing on building up a SNES collection that will emcompass a lot of the stuff I once traded away and more
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
ujnhunter
64-bit

by ujnhunter Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:52 pm

I regret trading my Virtual Boy w/ hard shell padded carrying case and a complete collection of U.S. games including Jack Bros. to a friend for his Sega Saturn + 5 games. 3 months later Sega Saturn could be bought new + 3 games for like $50-60 or something! Argh! I still have nightmares. :(
saturnfan
128-bit

by saturnfan Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 pm

I have let friends and family members in the past borrow my games just to never see them again. I think that is worse!

My worst loss was a game boy color with tetris DX to my own brother.

One time a friend of my brother's lent my copy of Max Payne for the PC, only for me to never see it again (although I still use the mouse pad that it came with to this day). To add insult to injury, a few years later I lent my copy of Max Payne 2 to a friend only to have it stolen from him, resulting in me never seeing it again.

Currently I have a few games lent out, although this time I at least traded them for stuff.
Josh
64-bit

by Josh Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:43 pm

I remember I had sold around 17 NES games a few years ago. Games like Anticipation, Zelda 2, Metroid, Goal, Bayou Billy, Dirty Harry, some Roller Derby game, and a few others I can't remember. An ABC Sesame Street game? I sold them all after my NES broke I was around nine years old.

I lent out my copy of Mario is Missing and my Hey You Pikachu mic to my friend Mike. He ended up being an obnoxious douchebag and lost my mic and sold my game. Yeah, some friend.

And around 2 years ago I sold my PSP 1000 with the cables and MVP Baseball for 100 bucks. What I bought? A used Soul Calibur 4 on the 360, a used 20 gig 360 HDD, and a pair of shitty headphones. I'm still kicking myself today.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
swiftzx
Next-Gen

by swiftzx Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:12 pm

I regret selling my snes to my friend. At least he's having fum with it.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Return to Game Deals