Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
J T
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by J T Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm still working my way through Episode 1 which is put together really well. It feels like walking through an action movie. I don't know why so many people have complained it was a let down. I'm excited for Episode 2 though, since so many seem to like it better than episode 1.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:15 pm

J T wrote:I'm still working my way through Episode 1 which is put together really well. It feels like walking through an action movie. I don't know why so many people have complained it was a let down. I'm excited for Episode 2 though, since so many seem to like it better than episode 1.

1 was good but 2 was just fucking amazing. Neither really add anything new to the formula. They just continue the story. 2 definitely has more memorable moments than 1.
Probably not the Mozgus you remember. More understanding, more drunk, less irate, less informative.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

by jmbarnes101 Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Never played Half-Life before and I don't have a lot of money to spend. Where do I start?
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14867&p=149112#p149112

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Pokemon, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:08 am

jmbarnes101 wrote:Never played Half-Life before and I don't have a lot of money to spend. Where do I start?

I'd say the original HL pack for $5. Half Life is amazing, Op-For is really good, and Blue Shift is decent.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:01 pm

My opinion is that you should buy the Valve Complete pack while it's only $90 bucks. It's a heavy initial investment, but you'll have everything Half Life related, everything Counter Strike related, Everything Team Fortress related, Portal, Ricochet, and Left4Dead, plus you'll have access to hundreds of free mods after that. You won't need to buy a new game for awhile.

If that's more than you're willing to spend in one shot though, I would consider what Mozgus said. A lot of the best free mods on the net require HL2 or HL2 episode 2, so if you don't buy the complete pack, go for the HL2 pack.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

by jmbarnes101 Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:14 am

J T wrote:My opinion is that you should buy the Valve Complete pack while it's only $90 bucks. It's a heavy initial investment, but you'll have everything Half Life related, everything Counter Strike related, Everything Team Fortress related, Portal, Ricochet, and Left4Dead, plus you'll have access to hundreds of free mods after that. You won't need to buy a new game for awhile.

Living off of my substitute teaching money I saved from last year. I don't get paid again until the middle of September when I become an actual teacher.

Anyways, I didn't realize it was weekend only and by the time I got back to it the sale had expired. Crud!
My FS/FT/WTTF list:

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Pokemon, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

by jmbarnes101 Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:20 am

I was just looking at the LucasArts games. Is Steam for PC only, non Mac? I have a Mac but didn't see any games listed for it.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:

Game Systems Owned:
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

If you pre-order Alpha Protocol you get Sega's Space Siege for free. Just an FYI.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 am

jmbarnes101 wrote:I was just looking at the LucasArts games. Is Steam for PC only, non Mac? I have a Mac but didn't see any games listed for it.

PC only unless you use a virtual machine or wine-alike like Parallels or Crossover Games.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
ryanstein
24-bit

by ryanstein Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm waiting for the inevitable Monkey Island 5 sale after all the episodes are out. It's happened with all the other Telltale Games, so I hope MI is no different.
Return to Game Deals