Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
SpaceBooger

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by SpaceBooger Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 am

So, Mozgus it seems as if you have power over Steam. Hook a brother up and get them to have a great deal on all the LucasArts SCUMM games they just released.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:05 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:So, Mozgus it seems as if you have power over Steam. Hook a brother up and get them to have a great deal on all the LucasArts SCUMM games they just released.

Well the great deal on those is to just download them from wherever and run them in a SCUMM emulator yourself. :?
Probably not the Mozgus you remember. More understanding, more drunk, less irate, less informative.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Mozgus wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:So, Mozgus it seems as if you have power over Steam. Hook a brother up and get them to have a great deal on all the LucasArts SCUMM games they just released.

Well the great deal on those is to just download them from wherever and run them in a SCUMM emulator yourself. :?

See this is what digital distribution does to us... I own the original Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam & Max cds... but would pay to download them... crap!
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Wow! The weekend deal this week is freakin' awesome if you like indie games/art games:

For a simple $30 bucks you get:

Braid
Audiosurf
Crayon Physics Deluxe
The Path
World of Goo
Blueberry Garden
Darwinia
Gish
Mr. Robot
Everyday Shooter

Too bad I own half of those games already. I'm debating getting this for the half I don't own though.

http://store.steampowered.com/indiesale
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 pm

J T wrote:Wow! The weekend deal this week is freakin' awesome if you like indie games/art games:

For a simple $30 bucks you get:

Braid
Audiosurf
Crayon Physics Deluxe
The Path
World of Goo
Blueberry Garden
Darwinia
Gish
Mr. Robot
Everyday Shooter

Too bad I own half of those games already. I'm debating getting this for the half I don't own though.

http://store.steampowered.com/indiesale

I played all of those besides The Path, and honestly, I only enjoyed Everyday Shooter. I found the rest to be severely overrated.
Probably not the Mozgus you remember. More understanding, more drunk, less irate, less informative.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Some of them are a bit overrated simply because when you put the word "indie" in front of something, critics suddenly afford it extra cool points for no real reason.

Nevertheless, Braid is one of the most interesting and unique puzzle games I've ever played. World of Goo has a great sense of humor and is the definitive game in the new physics puzzle genre. Audiosurf is kind of a weak music game, but being able to use any of your own MP3s for the music makes it worth the ride. Crayon physics allows a kind of freedom never allowed before in games because what you draw suddenly takes on physical properties that you use to solve puzzles. Blueberry Garden is only a simple game and not worth much money, but it has a dreamy charm to it. Darwinia is a great example of using interesting game design to overcome simple graphics. And The Path, though absolutely no fun to play, is a unique attempt to make art out of videogames and got me to rethink some of what we expect a videogame should be.

I think this pack is a steal.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Call of Duty: World at War 50% off (making it $25) until Thursday, August 13th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10090/
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:39 pm

If you're late to the party on anything Half Life related, then this is your lucky weekend. All the Half Life related titles are slashed 66% off and there are even better deals if you buy the packs that include multiple games. I already have the Orange Box, but didn't have the first Half Life or Team Fortress classic, so I just purchased the Half Life 1 Anthology for $5.09. That includes:

Team Fortress Classic
Half-Life
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Blue Shift

There are lots of other great Half Life related bargains, including getting the Valve Complete pack which has pretty much everything Valve has released for $10 bucks off the usual price.

Details here:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2737/

Offer Expires 8/16/2009
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 pm

J T wrote:If you're late to the party on anything Half Life related, then this is your lucky weekend. All the Half Life related titles are slashed 66% off and there are even better deals if you buy the packs that include multiple games. I already have the Orange Box, but didn't have the first Half Life or Team Fortress classic, so I just purchased the Half Life 1 Anthology for $5.09. That includes:

Team Fortress Classic
Half-Life

There are lots of other great Half Life related bargains, including getting the Valve Complete pack which has pretty much everything Valve has released for $10 bucks off the usual price.

Details here:

Offer Expires 8/16/2009

It's worth noting that a lot of source mods are starting to require HL2 Episode 2. This is because Ep2 was a drastic upgrade to the source engine, and the mods want to make use of the improvements. If you have any intention of playing source mods, (of which there are hundreds of free games worth playing) fork over the $5 for Ep2 immediately. You're insane if you don't.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Mozgus wrote:
J T wrote:If you're late to the party on anything Half Life related, then this is your lucky weekend. All the Half Life related titles are slashed 66% off and there are even better deals if you buy the packs that include multiple games. I already have the Orange Box, but didn't have the first Half Life or Team Fortress classic, so I just purchased the Half Life 1 Anthology for $5.09. That includes:

Team Fortress Classic
Half-Life

Details here:

Offer Expires 8/16/2009

It's worth noting that a lot of source mods are starting to require HL2 Episode 2. This is because Ep2 was a drastic upgrade to the source engine, and the mods want to make use of the improvements. If you have any intention of playing source mods, (of which there are hundreds of free games worth playing) fork over the $5 for Ep2 immediately. You're insane if you don't.

It helps that Episode 2 is pretty good to play too :P
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Return to Game Deals