Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Got some more stuff, which is fairly rare for me. Went to Retropalooza in Arlington and picked up Virtual Boy Wario Land, Panic Bomber, Teleroboxer and the Virtual Boy Battery Pack for 50$. Traded CIB Revenge of Shinobi and Mario Sunshine for 3D Tetris and Super Mario Kart and 10$ for a Virtual Boy controller. Went to another booth after that and traded Skyrim VR and CIB Skyward Sword and 10$ for a boxed transparent Solid Snake figure from the MGS1 McFarland line. Also got my girlfriend a cute little Kirby toy that works like a magic 8 ball roulette when you push down on his hand for a dollar.

Really tried to trade for Rez on PS2 and a cool Game Boy keychain with a Game and Watch game on it but the dude didn't want trades. Can't complain though; got a great haul.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

nice scores on the VB stuff!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

noiseredux wrote:nice scores on the VB stuff!

Only missing the stand and visor now so i can finally play the damn thing. Gonna have to repair my VB, i unfortunately found out that only one eye seems to be working once I was able to turn it on. I actually don't see why the console is so disliked after playing it. Controllers feels really nice too.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I recently pulled down my VB, and one of the eyes is screwing up now. Thanks, Nintendo, for gluing instead of soldering those cables in place.
ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

I don't post here often because I tend to be really busy, but I scope the forums regularly. That being said, I felt like I had to share a recent acquisition.

So, I found out an old friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to in a number of years was purging almost his entire collection, which I remembered being both massive in size and fantastic in content. I reached out to him and he offered to let me stop by and cherry pick some things I wanted before he sold it all off to a local gaming/comic/collectible store. I spent a few hours poking around and obtained the following (I don't have the box in front of me, so I may be forgetting a few things):

Sonic Advance, GBA, CIB
    Sonic Advance 2, GBA, CIB
    Sonice Advance 3, GBA, CIB
    World Reborn, GBA cart by Piko Interactive, CIB
    Devious Dungeon 2 collector's edition, PS Vita, CIB
    Touch Detective 2 1/2, DS, CIB
    Time Hollow, DS, CIB
    Cat Quest, Switch, Sealed
    Kaizō Chōjin Schbibinman 3: Ikai no Princess, PC Engine, CIB
    Xak, PC Engine, CIB
    Dungeon Explorer, Sega CD, CIB
    Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, Wii, CIB
    The Conduit, Wii, CIB
    The Conduit 2, Wii, CIB
    The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, GC, CIB
    Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Xbox, CIB
    Master of Darkness, Sega Master System, CIB
    Typing of the Dead w/ Keyboard, Dreamcast, CIB
    Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, GB, loose
    Adventure Island 3, NES, loose
    Sparkster, SNES, loose
    Nosferatu, SNES, loose
    S.O.S., SNES, loose
    Musya, SNES, loose
    a Sega Genesis power base converter
    the sealed soundtrack to Saturday Morning RPG
    a really nice repro of Magical Chase, complete with a case and manual
    a really nice, sealed repro of Dungeon Explorer 2 (I think it's one of the PCEWorks ones)
    and a huge stack of over a dozen SNES and NES reproductions, many of them OCD Reproductions of titles like The Firemen, Magical Pop'n, Violinist of Hameln, Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti, and so forth

There was a ton more stuff I would have loved to buy (and I may go back for a 3DS XL and a copy of Ghoul Patrol), but I was trying not to let the cost spiral completely out of control. My friend gave me almost 50% off the going rate, so I got all of this for just over $700. But the best part was I got to reconnect with someone I hadn't seen in a long time. Getting to renew that friendship was worth more than any rare game.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

ZRofel wrote:Dungeon Explorer, Sega CD, CIB

Oh, hell, yes! Dungeon Explorer III is so legit. Rip those magical audio tracks off the disc, and go to town on the most highly evolved form of Gauntlet there ever will be. It's almost worth the $700 on its own.
hobbes_182
8-bit

Post by hobbes_182 »

One of my good buddies gave me his PSVITA (hardly used).

Complete with external battery and Killzone Mercenary :D not to mention Adrenaline and Retroarch ready to go.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ZRofel wrote:Xak, PC Engine, CIB

Best thing on the list. Amazing stuff.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

pierrot wrote:
ZRofel wrote:Dungeon Explorer, Sega CD, CIB

Oh, hell, yes! Dungeon Explorer III is so legit. Rip those magical audio tracks off the disc, and go to town on the most highly evolved form of Gauntlet there ever will be. It's almost worth the $700 on its own.

Are you confusing the sega cd version with something else? It's an ok game only after you spend 2 hours spamming the money trick in the beginning. It's a broken game that feels incomplete. I will give it props for the epic end boss battle though. Over 10 dam minutes, even wondering if I was hurting it half the time.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

stickem wrote:Are you confusing the sega cd version with something else?

:lol: Nope. I love the Sega CD game. It's probably my favorite game by WestOne, other than Monster World IV. I especially love the ending of the game, but I've beaten it with a couple different classes, and loved every minute of it. It's like the perfect level of difficulty for this style of game, in my opinion. I'm sure I did grind the initial money pools for a bit, early on, but I don't think it would have been anywhere near two hours. Maybe 20 to 30 minutes, though.