Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by Michi Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem for $2?

Hell yes.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Tanooki wrote:Uhh this thread is getting pretty entertaining on this page. Meh on the xbox stuff, but still $2 for those is nice, but Fire Emblem for $2 is like unheard of.

yeah, this is the best paage of this thread in my memory for finds, but i could be wrong.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:02 pm

Tanooki wrote:Uhh this thread is getting pretty entertaining on this page. Meh on the xbox stuff, but still $2 for those is nice, but Fire Emblem for $2 is like unheard of.

Yeah, I only posted it to show the reason I went back. Torn if I sell it on or keep it for the collection, the last few on eBay have been clearing around $200 odd and I have a wedding coming up, on the other hand.......I do like fire emblem haha.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 pm

Keep it. If you sell it, you’ll never get it back (or, at least, it will be a very long time before you’re willing to pay market price for it).
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:39 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Keep it. If you sell it, you’ll never get it back (or, at least, it will be a very long time before you’re willing to pay market price for it).

Pretty much how I feel about everything I have in my collection, and thus why it ever grows :lol:
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:01 pm

Since you're into FE I'd say keep it, even if you're just mildly into it, again keep it. It is when you really know you'll not bother to go back, then you let it go.

I'm not a real fan of Earthbound either, but 7-8 years ago I got one at a flea market table for $2 too, still have it. I may only use it once every few years, but when I see the asinine price attached to it now, even with the digital copies floating about, it's not going anywhere.
benderx
Next-Gen

by benderx Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:07 pm

I have a problem with some collectors who can act a bit snobby/entitled ones, especially the resellers who take earthbound hostage at a high price. The value of video games should decrease instead of increasing the price like crazy. It would be funny, if Nintendo started to re-elease snes carts. Even Nintendo sets the digital price at $10 to 5 for VC. I think GameStop will go out of business in 2 to 3 years. Everything is going digital to cut down junk waste for the environment.

P.S. I'm not trying to upset anyone in these forums, just on some other retro sites are a bit looney like people on Nintendo age/neogaf/YouTubers. Maybe a few on Reddit.
Last edited by benderx on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:02 pm

Yes. I agree.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:02 am

Well how's this for on topic, small finds can be fun to. $5 I got a silver gba sp, no charger, barely a scuff to the exterior. Bought it dead but I have enough spare SP chargers around and it's fine. Debating on keeping it or not as i have a SP and modded SP into a 101(cobalt blue) already. Could be a nicer one for general use.

Also Tenchu for $8 was a good grab as well. 2 days ago $1 at a goodwill got also on PS1 the Italian Job. Can't beat a dollar right? My Virtual Boy came back to me today, I can't believe how clean and bright that red is on it with the solder fix vs the original failing glue. I almost wonder if it looked that good new considering glue is no substitute for metal on metal directly.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 am

Not my usual day to hit the weekend shops but couldn't until now, yet glad I did.

$30 for the 3 N64 Japanese games, $3 for the game based on a movie so bad it's good (clasp tabs are gone broken off, disc is scuffy but not bad.)
Return to Game Deals