The origin of Darkstalkers and their association to classic

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: The origin of Darkstalkers and their association to clas

Post by o.pwuaioc »

AppleQueso wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:Well he specified Ps1 so yeah.

Personally, I'd just play Vampire Savior on Saturn.

I didn't know it was on the Saturn. How does it differ from the PS1 version? I want to play the original and the best.

Well the original would be just be the arcade version. Saturn version has the same benefits that most Capcom fighters on it do. More animation frames, less loading, etc. It requires the RAM cart though.

Saturn it is.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

the first one is on the playstation, the second one is on the saturn. and part 3 went back to the playstation.

The first one is okay, doesnt impress, but its competent.

So far as I know the part two on the saturn doesnt need the Ram. That, or i've just gotten used to not having it. The saturn one introduces more characters.

Part three changes the round structure slightly. Not by alot. If you lose a round the game keeps going. Only when you die twice is when the game is over and the winner declared.

The dreamcast version is nice. It gives you all three games and you can play in any of the three games styles.

If im not mistaken, the PSP version of Darkstalkers is a port of the Dreamcast game.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

^Darkstalkers 3 and Vampire Savior are the same game, and its available on both Playstation and Saturn. The Saturn version is Japan-only.