2nd Generation Retro Gamers

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: 2nd Generation Retro Gamers

Post by Stark »

Nintendork666 wrote:I thought this thread was gonna be about what games the next generation of gamers would consider retro, and how they'd go about collecting them, etc.

Color me disappointed. :(

Doesn't mean you can't make a thread yo. Gonna be a lot of Pokemon I think, just my opinion.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
c0wb0y
24-bit

Post by c0wb0y »

I used to play SSX3 on the PS2 all the time. My middle child (almost 9 now) loved to guide the characters down the mountains from the age of about 2 (and she still loves that series.)
9 and her sister (6) really liked the Sesame Street games on the NES and the Busy Town game on the Genesis.
My oldest daughter (18) was a big fan of Monsters Inc. on the PS1, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, and SSX Tricky. But when she was playing, the PS2 was current gen.
They all generally like some games on all my retro and modern consoles - these are just the ones that first came to mind.
Systems: Pong, Odyssey2, Atari 2600, NES, CDX, SNES, N64, Saturn, DC, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, GCN, Wii, Xbox360, OUYA
Handhelds: GB, GBC, GBA, DS lite, DSi, Virtual Boy (<< is that even a portable?)
EM Pinballs: Bally Dixieland, Gottlieb Flying Carpet
SS Pinball: GTB Circus, GTB Count-Down, GTB Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Stern Lectronamo, Stern Galaxy, Bally Black Pyramid
Mortalrift
8-bit

Post by Mortalrift »

c0wb0y wrote:I used to play SSX3 on the PS2 all the time. My middle child (almost 9 now) loved to guide the characters down the mountains from the age of about 2 (and she still loves that series.)
9 and her sister (6) really liked the Sesame Street games on the NES and the Busy Town game on the Genesis.
My oldest daughter (18) was a big fan of Monsters Inc. on the PS1, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, and SSX Tricky. But when she was playing, the PS2 was current gen.
They all generally like some games on all my retro and modern consoles - these are just the ones that first came to mind.

Busy Town for Genesis = awesome.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Mortalrift wrote:
c0wb0y wrote:I used to play SSX3 on the PS2 all the time. My middle child (almost 9 now) loved to guide the characters down the mountains from the age of about 2 (and she still loves that series.)

Busy Town for Genesis = awesome.

Agreed.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.