Why I hate "dudebro," "brogamer," etc.

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Drakon
64-bit

Re: Why I hate "dudebro," "brogamer," etc.

Post by Drakon »

Well. I think everyone goes through a fps / sports games phase. I remember when fps games were new I played them endlessly but eventually I realized none of them were very timeless so I stopped playing them. Sure if someone's new to gaming they're probably going to start with something like that and yes they'll seem stupid to hardcore gamers. But we all were at that point one time nobody was born a hardcore gamer so whatever.

(this is in response to the first post)
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

Older games are better
Yancakes
64-bit

Post by Yancakes »

"Hardcore" gamer or not, I play NHL12 more than any other game I own, currently.
Drakon
64-bit

Post by Drakon »

Yancakes wrote:"Hardcore" gamer or not, I play NHL12 more than any other game I own, currently.

I don't judge. Just as long as you don't go around saying "dude" and "bro" all the time.
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

Older games are better
Sideroller
128-bit

Post by Sideroller »

Drakon wrote:Well. I think everyone goes through a fps / sports games phase. I remember when fps games were new I played them endlessly but eventually I realized none of them were very timeless so I stopped playing them. Sure if someone's new to gaming they're probably going to start with something like that and yes they'll seem stupid to hardcore gamers. But we all were at that point one time nobody was born a hardcore gamer so whatever.

(this is in response to the first post)

I'd agree with this. I mean, I've always played RPG's and other types of games, but back in my younger days I'd always rent at least on Medal of Honor and play the heck out of it. Made the mistake of actually buying some for my PS2, now I have these outdated FPS' no one wants. :lol:
Yancakes
64-bit

Post by Yancakes »

I think over the years I've gone the other way. I used to play nothing but strategy games and RPGs, and over the years I've given more and more of my time to action and sports games. Same with movies, actually- when I was a teen I was a super movie snob, watched nothing but art-house, foreign or surrealist movies. My entire collection was made up of Kurosawa, Jarmusch, Bunuel, Jodorowski etc... but since I hit my 20's I now have a collection of Dolph Lundgren movies, and cheesy 80's future-sports stuff.

Ultimately, no matter how good something is... I just got bored. Variety makes the difference- now I go back and watch those art-house movies, and I still appreciate them, but in a very different way from when I was younger.

Drakon wrote:
Yancakes wrote:"Hardcore" gamer or not, I play NHL12 more than any other game I own, currently.

I don't judge. Just as long as you don't go around saying "dude" and "bro" all the time.

That's kinda funny since the OP created this thread partially because I do judge :lol: