Writing a research driven essay on why GameStop is horrible.

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Opa Opa

Re: Writing a research driven essay on why GameStop is horrible.

Post by Opa Opa »

I'm not sure if there exists any scholarly journals/articles that can back up your claim/thesis statement.

edit:

I'm sure you can do something with the topic of video games but this is way too narrow. How about changing focus to something a bit more broad; something that you can find evidence to support your statements.
Last edited by Opa Opa on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

Opa Opa wrote:I'm not sure if there exists any scholarly journals/articles that can back up your claim/thesis statement.

Yeah, it is too niche, but it is possibly the only "problem" I couldn't possibly be on the fence about.
Last edited by vlame on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

vlame wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:I'm not sure if there exists any scholarly journals/articles that can back up your claim/thesis statement.

Yeah, it is too niche, but is possibly the only "problem" I couldn't possibly be on the fence about.

which is why it seems a poor topic choice for RESEARCH paper. This would be a good topic for OpEd.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

i was going to write the paper on Apple's iCould service but there wasn't any bad press or enough of it.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

Opa Opa wrote:edit:

I'm sure you can do something with the topic of video games but this is way too narrow. How about changing focus to something a bit more broad; something that you can find evidence to support your statements.

i'll look into changing the topic for the resubmittial.

edit:edited the first post with my entire draft.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

I think you may have missed the point of my post. Also, your argument stands on the grounds that the publisher should fix the issue or that all stores handle the merchandise poorly or "rape" it as you put it.

I'll also agree with everyone else this so far stands as a short opinion piece (and not a great one). I wouldn't allow this idea as it stands to even be turned in as a draft for your research paper. You've shown no research thus far, just hearsay and opinions. You might want to pick a new subject.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

vlame wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:edit:

i'll look into changing the topic for the resubmittial.

edit:edited the first post with my entire draft.

Did you get this topic approved in the first place? The assignment sheet explains that you need to.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

It's just a long opinionated rant and I think you should really pick a different topic. I'm sorry, but that draft is what I'd consider extremely poor. Partially due to how it's written, but also due to the fact that this topic doesn't lend itself at all to an essay, especially a research driven one. I'm sure there are plenty of issues in which you're not "on the fence" with, explore some more ideas.

If you want to keep it on video games, exploring video games causing violence would be a great topic. It doesn't have a ton of research but certainly enough for a research based essay.
Last edited by RyaNtheSlayA on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I think what many of us are trying to tell you is that if you handed this in yr teacher will probably give you an F with a note that said "This isn't a research paper. You did not do the assignment."
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

I know it was a poor choice. I guess everything just adds up to changing the topic.

About other topics, to better put it there are none that I am even remotely passionate about. Any other topics I would feel I was going through the motions. And not writing about something I feel strongly about.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list