King of Collectors: Full Playstation 2 ntsc Library Sealed

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
Xtincthed
32-bit

King of Collectors: Full Playstation 2 ntsc Library Sealed

Post by Xtincthed »

Hey,

I just finished the interview I had with the only known collector to have a full sealed ntsc Playstation 2 collection (over 1850 games).

The Playstation 2 has one of the most extensive libraries of all consoles, trying to get a complete set is near madness..lbut he went for a complete sealed set!
Wanna know what drives this collector and wanna see his collection?

http://www.playstationcollecting.com/ge ... ary-sealed

Hope you enjoy the read as much as I enjoyed talking to him :)
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Re: King of Collectors: Full Playstation 2 ntsc Library Sealed

Post by dedalusdedalus »

Now that's dedication. :shock:

If I were to do a complete set, I wouldn't even dream of tackling the PS2 collection. There's just too many games.

EDIT: He even has Last Hope for the AES and a complete Magical Chase for TG16! He's clearly no slouch when it comes to collecting for other systems...
elabit
24-bit

Post by elabit »

All sealed? wow that's a lot of games you cant play! His shelving is very nice. I could only imagine how much this cost to put together but it's very impressive
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

What an asshole, holding all those games hostage and not playing them.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

brunoafh wrote:What an asshole, holding all those games hostage and not playing them.

There are plenty of used PS2 games ready to play already. I see nothing wrong with 1 person having them all sealed if he wants to, in fact, I think it's cool that he managed to pull it off.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

BoringSupreez wrote:There are plenty of used PS2 games ready to play already. I see nothing wrong with 1 person having them all sealed if he wants to, in fact, I think it's cool that he managed to pull it off.

Anyone on the planet could pull it off with enough time and money. There's nothing impressive about it.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

brunoafh wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:There are plenty of used PS2 games ready to play already. I see nothing wrong with 1 person having them all sealed if he wants to, in fact, I think it's cool that he managed to pull it off.

Anyone on the planet could pull it off with enough time and money. There's nothing impressive about it.

It takes more than time and money. You have to have the dedication too. Not every game is easy to find sealed, in the original black label edition. Some games take hours of searching fruitlessly to find. A collection like that takes a lot of dedication.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Yeah, obviously, if I had time and money, I'd be Batman.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

jfrost wrote:Yeah, obviously, if I had time and money, I'd be Batman.

It's true, you could be. I've considered it. Gotta have the dedication too I 'spose.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Wow, that is crazy. Hell of a collection.

Its funny though, whenever I see someone with a massive collection, my mind goes to the most mundane thing: He must have a hell of a time when he moves to a new home.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.