Games Acquired 2020

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2020

Post by Michi »

I was skimming through the eShop to check out the sale games and noticed that the Johnny Turbo games are on sale this week for under $3.

There goes some of my fun money for the week :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Acquired in 2020 so far - 23 Games; 18 physical, 5 digital

January (16 Games Acquired; 15 physical, 1 digital)
The Outer Worlds (PS4)
Rocketbirds 2 Evolution (Vita)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita)
Disgaea 1 Complete (Switch)
Disgaea 4 Complete+ (Switch)
Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch)
God Wars: The Complete Legend (Switch)
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Switch)
Hey! Pikmin (3DS)
Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered (Switch)
Ring Fit Adventure (Switch)
Lego DC Supervillains (Switch)
Ms Splosion Man (Switch)
Blazing Chrome (Switch)
Drawngeon: Dungeons of Ink and Paper (Switch)

February (5 Games Acquired; 2 physical, 3 digital)
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee (Switch)
Pokemon Shield (Switch)
Doom (Switch)
Doom II (Switch)
Doom 3 (Switch)

March (2 Games Acquired; 1 physical, 1 digital)
Doom 64 (Switch)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

New for March 20
Doom 64 (Switch)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

pook99 wrote:@prfnsl_gamer: syndey hunter is a really fun platformer, definitely give that a go. The way of the passive fist was my personal hidden gem favorite game of the year last year. Definitely play that, it is a beat em up unlike anything you have ever played and is almost more of a rythm game than anything else, tons of fun. also saboteuur 1 and 2 were probably the worst 15 cents I ever spent in my life, there probably is some nostalgia there I am missing but man, I just did not get it..

Yes. I’m playing Sydney Hunter now. It’s pretty great. Thematically, it’s very similar to 1001 Spikes. It’s also quite challenging, but unlike 1001 Spikes, it’s not completely insane. I’m enjoying it. I also picked up Way of the Passive Fist on your recommendation since I think we have relatively similar taste in video games. It is also pretty rad and definitely unique. I’m looking forward to spending some time with it too. Saboteur got rave reviews...30+ years ago. :lol: I have a suspicion it’s pretty good once you get past it’s archaic design. I’ll find out!

Michi wrote:I was skimming through the eShop to check out the sale games and noticed that the Johnny Turbo games are on sale this week for under $3.

I saw that! I picked up Night Slashers. Also, Runner3 is only $1.99. I will still pick up a physical copy of that game at some point, but I couldn’t resist a digital copy at that price.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

These cheap switch games are killing me...I’ve picked up:

Bleed/Bleed 2 Bundle
Coffee Crisis
Dandara
Downwell
Drawngeon: Dungeons of Pen & Paper
Night Slashers
Kamiko
Pato Box
Piku Niku
Revenge of the Bird King

Runner 3
Saboteur
Saboteur II: Avenging Angel
Space Dave
Squidlit

Subsurface Circular
Sydney Hunter & The Curse of the Mayan
Vasara Collection
Velocity 2X
Way of the Passive Fist

All for less than $5 each, and the underlined games for less than $1. That’s a lot of awesome gaming for not very much money...

I’ve also “splurged” on Amnesia Collection, Blossom Tales, Jamestown+, and Vaporum, all of which were marked down substantially in recent week, and there are still a ton of games I want on the eShop, on sale currently, that I’m holding off on simply because I’m getting games too fast.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Nice list, prfsnl_gmr. Did you get a chance to try Coffee Crisis yet? I was watching some gameplay footage of it the other day, curious to hear your opinion of the game.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Note wrote:Nice list, prfsnl_gmr. Did you get a chance to try Coffee Crisis yet? I was watching some gameplay footage of it the other day, curious to hear your opinion of the game.

I did. It’s a pretty OK beat ‘em up that is actually a direct port of a Sega Genesis homebrew game:

https://megacatstudios.com/products/cof ... ga-genesis

Accordingly, it looks and plays like a Sega Genesis homebrew game. :lol: It’s not as polished as Streets of Rage, and the mid-90s-inspired humor falls a little flat. (Some people may like it, but that style of humor isn’t to my taste anymore.) It’s still pretty fun, though, and I think it’s pretty cool loading up a modern Sega Genesis game on my new Nintendo handheld.

If you explore the link above, I think you will find a free demo for the PC, and you may be able to try the game that way.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

2020 pick-ups:
1. Gunstar Heroes
2. Lightening Force
3. Comix Zone
4. The Ninja Warriors
5. Golden Axe
6. Beyond Oasis
7. Rocket Knight Adventures

March game pick-ups ...

8. ActRaiser - Good memories of watching my cousins play this game growing up. Finally grabbed a copy earlier this month. About a week after I bought the cart, the battery stopped working so finished it in one sitting on a Saturday afternoon. Great game! I'd like to eventually replace the battery and play through it again.

9. Castlevania IV - Another game I remember trying out when I was young but never grabbed a copy until recently. I've played through about half of it and hopefully can beat it in the next month or two. This game was my introduction to the Castlevania series. Also, really like the soundtrack too.

10. Wonder Boy in Monster World - I wasn't aware of this game or series back in the day when it was released but became intrigued a few years ago and finally found a copy in excellent shape. I'd like to take a day or weekend to finish it and then give Monster World IV a shot too.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Wonder Boy in Monster World or, as like to call it, Wonder Boy V: Monster World III, is both the second-best game in the Wonder Boy series and the second-best game in the Monster World series. Enjoy!
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Wonder Boy in Monster World or, as like to call it, Wonder Boy V: Monster World III, is both the second-best game in the Wonder Boy series and the second-best game in the Monster World series. Enjoy!

Thanks! Played about two hours tonight, and really liking it so far. Think I'll be playing through it the next few days and over the weekend, until I finish it.

What games do you rank as the best in the Wonder Boy series and Monster World series? Would it be Dragon's Trap and Monster World IV? I've heard good things about both too.
marurun

Post by marurun »

For an interesting take on Wonder Boy in Monster World, try Dynastic Hero. It's the same game, but with some graphical changes that make it look kind of weird.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.