Diablo now on GoG moments ago

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Diablo now on GoG moments ago

Post by Tanooki »

Wow, I'm stunned. $9.99
https://www.gog.com/game/diablo

Battle.net enabled and all this is quite impressive and I'm surprised given they run their own network. Does this mean more Blizzard games?? They've been hosting older stuff like Blackthorne, Lost Vikings, and Rock n Roll Racing free on their site buried there, but also could we get Diablo 2? Warcraft 1 and 2 finally??? Those last two aren't even offered on their pages in any form.
Ack

Re: Diablo now on GoG moments ago

Post by Ack »

GOG has stated that Warcraft and Warcraft 2 are being worked on as we speak, so YES!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Fantastic news. Bring on The Lost Vikings!
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Fantastic news. Bring on The Lost Vikings!

As mentioned, Blizzard already gives that away (bundled with DOSBox/etc). That's the version I ended up playing through for Together Retro. I think it did have a handful of graphics glitches, so maybe there are some improvements they could make there. Or just extras to include.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I caught that hours later that WC1 and WC2 are coming. I'd grab both for support, but WC2 Battlenet edition works just fine already as I have it, but it would be handy still as it's more future proofing.

Speaking of Lost Vikings I know I brought it up, but they do actually give it away free hiding on their servers in a legacy section that's kind of buried out of sight along with Rock N Roll Racing (ROM+older zsneswin build in a zip) and the Windows release of Blackthorne too.

Still would be rather nice if they did a proper cheap release of those or some of them on GoG as I bet they'd sell just fine.

Also the GoG modern choice from the Diablo menu isn't setup right, they forgot to dump the diablo MPQ (500MB~) file into its directory. Under the GoGGames area in Diablo there is a subdirectory called 'dx' you just have to copy from the original directory build of the game to that one and it'll work otherwise you get CD checked.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

I hope this sells well so I can get my hands on Diablo 2. Apart from American McGee's Alice.... the Diablo Battle Chest was my first foray into PC Gaming.

I wonder if this would even boot up on Windows 10.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Diablo II is already available through the Battle.net shop: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/diablo-ii

It's the non-CD key games that haven't been available until now.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

You can also redeem your original cd key on their site for Diablo II and LoD.