Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I have no idea what Thief is.
touchofkiel
32-bit

Post by touchofkiel »

Sarge wrote:I thought FFV was the weakest, but then, I can see that game's appeal with the way you can break it using the Job system. It gives it a lot of replayability. (Clearly!)

I thought the FFIV remake on DS was aces, and was really disappointed they didn't give FFV the same treatment. I have a sneaking suspicion it might have become one of my favorites.

Also, I've never played a Thief game. That makes me a bad, bad person.

I remember rumors - with actual sources, not just speculation - that Square was planning (or just considering) similar remakes for V and VI for the 3DS when it was first announced. Shame that never panned out.

Instead they give us those hideous mobile ports. Bleh.
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Tiduas wrote:I just completed Super Robot Taisen OG: Dark Prison (PS3).

Since SRW Z3 Jigoku-hen was released my super robot spirit have kind of vanished. The game just felt unfinished and dull story, graphic and music wise. Even the menus felt clunky.

So I dropped it and haven't looked back until a few days ago when they finally released a trailer for the new game in the OG saga, "The Moon Dwellers". I've always been a huge fan of the OG games and have so far really enjoyed everything the games have to offer, especially the story is what makes me really eager to play the next one.

Finally since my motivation came back to me I finished Dark Prison today. This is somewhat of a side story running parallel to SRW OGs2 so if one haven't finished that one this game is a mess to follow. Also, all the other games doesn't require knowledge of japanese to enjoy as long as you appreciate the gameplay, music, animations and everything else. But this game runs short on new stuff from these departments, it's basically only interesting because you get to follow what the protagonist of the game, Shuu Shirakawa, does all the time.

Do we have any other Super Robot Taisen fans on the forums btw?

After playing Project X Zone I really wanted to get into it, but like EVERY game in that series that even came out in the states is hella expensive. On top of that, any import I looked at I couldn't even tell what the game was, let alone if it'd be a genre I could manage to stumble through with a fairly limited knowledge of Japanese. What kind of game is it? Some sort of Robo-fighter? A strategy game?

Also, my two cents on FFV, I've never played an RPG with a job changing system that I've enjoyed, and FFV isn't an exception. I've tried several, FF3, FF5, FF Tactics, and I just always get bored and frustrated because it seems like I just either clearly don't understand the system enough to use it properly and/or get stuck because I've made crappy job-training decisions so there's a difficulty point which I literally can't beat. I'm hoping I enjoy FFX-2 when I get around to it though. Ever the optimist, I suppose.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Stark wrote:You've not played the original Thief??!!??!?!

He's clearly a casual.

Not playing the original Thief, simply means not playing the best game of all time. No big deal.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

confirmed casual checking in here
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I have no idea what Thief is.

It's not made by Falcom, so...
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'm only casually a casual. Not a hardcore casual or anything.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Looked up Thief Gold on GOG.com. Gotta admit that it looks pretty bad ass. Maybe I'll try it someday.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Looked up Thief Gold on GOG.com. Gotta admit that it looks pretty bad ass. Maybe I'll try it someday.

Let me know if they port the game to iOS or the Wii U.
marurun

Post by marurun »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Looked up Thief Gold on GOG.com. Gotta admit that it looks pretty bad ass. Maybe I'll try it someday.

It is one of the clunkiest looking and playing videos games to ever be SO adored by folks.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.