Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
touchofkiel
32-bit

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by touchofkiel »

MrPopo wrote:Sounds like it's time for someone to mosey into the PC Hardware thread and get some upgrades going.
Attachments
FINAL FANTASY VII_20160130223144.jpg
FINAL FANTASY VII_20160130223144.jpg (71.6 KiB) Viewed 5422 times
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

jmbarnes101 wrote:1. Dog Island - Wii
Our first beaten game of the year is one that my girls have been working on for a little while now. They decided recently to finish it up and knocked it out when they were home from school, one with strep and one had it off. They really liked it and proceeded to start up a new game with a different dog. The sniffing quests got old but they also got easier as time went on. We've started on Zack & Wiki so hopefully that'll happen sometime soon.

Underrated game that is easily dismissed by the title and wii shovelware stereotype. My wife finished it the summer after we moved int our house (we have two corgis so the fact you could play as one was HUGE for her).

I hope to re-obtain it for my daughter in a couple of years.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

retrosportsgamer wrote:I hope to re-obtain it for my daughter in a couple of years.

Dog Island is a fun one, I bought if for my own daughter to play on her PS2. She thought it was good. But let me recommend a different dog game for PS2 that she personally loved and played fervently:

Very underrated and humorous action adventure game.

For Wii I also recommend these for your daughter:

My daughter loved them both, and I bet yours will too. :)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ Thanks. I'll add them to my list! (I do have Fishing Resort).
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

1/22 Emily Is Away (PC)
1/29 Dishonored Definitive Edition (XB1)

Games Beaten = 2
DLC = 1

1/31 Rise of the Tomb Raider - Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch (XB1)
This adds more to an already awesome game. A new area with lots of documents and little story bits and a fun boss battle at the end. Worth the price of admission in my opinion ($10.)

Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, Baba Yaga was fun. The only complaint I had was there was one document that needs a mobility upgrade you won't have by the time you can first access the DLC, and it's after you've finished the rest of the DLC. It was an unnecessary bit of backtrack.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ah yeah I can see that. I didn't play the DLC until after I had beaten the game so didn't notice.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Stark wrote:Ah yeah I can see that. I didn't play the DLC until after I had beaten the game so didn't notice.

Right, since you got the Xbox One version. They launched it with the PC version so I just picked it up and did it immediately. The nice thing is that unlike Borderlands DLC this was appropriate to play at the start or on a cleared game because the nature of the game is different. The combat upgrades you could have don't matter too much because combat isn't the focus.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I LOVED the reboot, so I really want to play Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'll probably wait and pick it up for PS4 later this year, though.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

elricorico
32-bit

Post by elricorico »

1. SSX 3 (oXbox)
2. Mario Kart DS (NDS)
3. Fairune (Android)
4. Streets of Rage (Gen)

5. Amplitude (PS2)

This was a semi recent pawn shop pickup that I recognized as having a relation to Rock Band. Price was good and it is in great condition, so I didn't hesitate to grab it. Today I beat the game in Normal difficulty.

I immediately found myself liking the game and disliking the choices of music (for the most part, I really think there are only 2 songs on this disc that I would listen to outside of playing the game). The gameplay however was addictive enough to me that I stuck with it. Right up until the last "boss song" I tended to succeed without too much need for retrying. That last song turned into a bit of a grind as I repeatedly failed in and around the middle. Eventually though, I made it through (just barely).

If you enjoyed the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series for their game-play and not just for how fun it is to pretend to be a rock star, you should try this one out. I could see myself playing the tougher difficulty levels if the music was more appealing to me, but for now I'm satisfied with passing it on Normal.