Games Beaten 2016

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2016

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:because it will force you to get on Steam

Nope! :lol:

I have already beaten Mighty Switch Force! and Mighty Switch Force! 2, and I have Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way on my 3DS. (Th only one I'm missing is Mighty Switch Force! Academy...and I can live without it.)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

don't worry, Bone. We'll get him yet.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:because it will force you to get on Steam

Nope! :lol:

I have already beaten Mighty Switch Force! and Mighty Switch Force! 2, and I have Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way on my 3DS. (Th only one I'm missing is Mighty Switch Force! Academy...and I can live without it.)

Missin' another one, dawg.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375310/
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Missin' another one, dawg.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375310/

I can play that on my iPad. :lol:

I don't really see myself getting into Steam. My lifestyle barely permits console gaming, and I actually do the overwhelming majority of my gaming on handhelds. That said...if there were a handheld of some sort that gave me access to Steam's library...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (360)

Another very cheap last-gen game that's really great. The game mechanics are somewhere between Infamous' climbing and SplatterHouse's brawling, but it makes for a great combo. The story is also a very cool take on the post-apocalyptic genre, with the world being immensely colorful and full of plantlife, although not really human life. That said, though the separate characters in this game can be named on one hand, they really tell a cool and interesting story with just the couple of them.

Verdict: Very highly recommended.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

January:
1) Bonk's Adventure (NES)
2) Little Samson
3) Holy Diver
4) Holy Diver (legit!)
5) Mitsume Ga Tooru
6) TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
7) Mighty Final Fight
8] Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
9) Monster In My Pocket
10) Battle of Olympus
11) Gunstar Heroes (repeat)
12) Dragon Age: Inquisition
13) Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser
14) Captain America and the Avengers (NES)
15) StarTropics
16) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (save states)
17) Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) (legit)
18) Crisis Force
19) Esper Dream 2
20) Felix the Cat
21) Moon Crystal
22) Panic Restaurant
23) Frankenstein (NES)
24) Crystalis
25) Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu

February:
26) Killer Instinct (GB)
27) Mashin Hero Wataru Gaiden
28) Sly Spy (Arcade)
29) The Red Star (unreleased XBOX, also on PS2)
30) Adventure Island 4
31) Cocoron
32) Batman: Arkham Knight
33) Xeodrifter (Vita)
34) Doom 2
35) Brandish: The Dark Revenant
36) Magical Pop'n
37) The Ninja Warriors (SNES)
38) Phantasy Star (SMS)
39) Phantasy Star III
40) Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
41) Brandish: The Dark Revenant (Dela Mode)

March:
42) Freedom Planet (Milla, 82 lives lost)
43) Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
44) Lara Croft Go
45) Oniken
46) Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
47) Batman: The Video Game (GB)
48) Batman: The Video Game (NES)
49) Super Spy Hunter

April:

50) Mega Man 2
51) Mega Man 4
52) Mission: Impossible (NES)
53) Mega Man 6
54) Super Mario Bros. 3
55) Sword Master

Sword Master is an odd little game. You can only face to the right, for one thing. There are also quite a few one-on-one fights in the game. There's some absolutely awful hit detection in spots with the platforming, although I found that if you hit the button quickly after you fall through a platform, you can jump again. The last stage is a giant boss gauntlet that's pretty rough. I used some save states at the final boss, but I'm pretty sure I could take it legit now. It's one of those B-tier titles that I'd love to find legit.

Also, it's basically a spinoff/sequel to Castle of Dragon, which was originally an arcade game, and also saw an NES version.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (360)

Another very cheap last-gen game that's really great. The game mechanics are somewhere between Infamous' climbing and SplatterHouse's brawling, but it makes for a great combo. The story is also a very cool take on the post-apocalyptic genre, with the world being immensely colorful and full of plantlife, although not really human life. That said, though the separate characters in this game can be named on one hand, they really tell a cool and interesting story with just the couple of them.

Verdict: Very highly recommended.

Yep, once I got used to Monkey's odd momentum, it was all lots of fun. I really enjoyed my time with the game. I'm typically a fan of Prince of Persia-styled games, so this one scratched that itch for me several years ago.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Ninja Theory's one hit wonder. Enslaved was great, I've hated everything else they've done and Hellblade looks lame. :roll:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Sarge wrote:Sword Master is an odd little game.

That it is. I actually beat this one back in March of 2015. According to my HLTB I gave it a 5/10 with this review:
Sword Master is an action platforming game created by Japanese developers Athena and published by Activision in the USA during January of 1992. The player becomes a knight traversing a dangerous countryside to rescue a princess kidnapped by an evil sorcerer. Gameplay combines sword fighting with dangerous pitfall jumping. The swordplay seems influenced by Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, but it isn't as good. The knight can also transform into an utterly useless magician who dies with godspeed at the hands of the many monsters. While the player can become good at sword fighting, the wonky nature of the jump physics guarantees many unfair deaths via pitfalls. Sword Master does have nice background art, a decent soundtrack, and large detailed enemy sprites. Unfortunately a lack of combat polish and truly bad platforming will make you want to snap this sword rather than master it.

Were you able to get any use out of the magician form?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.