Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21407
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by Ack Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:19 am

Stark wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:So I'm assuming you guys started these games in 2013? :lol:

Technically yes, I started mine at like 11:30p. It was 2014 somewhere.


Yeah, same here. But I could have sat down and beaten it today, as The Nightmare Levels is very short. It can be run through in just a few hours.

Eh, I'm now in the middle of playing Clive Barker's Undying, and I'm pretty far into that, so maybe I'll finish that up soon too.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10822
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:22 am

1. Hotline Miami (PS3)

Clearly - and admittedly - inspired by Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive, this fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I rolled the credits on this one twice last night: once for the "main" story and again for the "biker" segment. I also played through one of the two bonus missions, but I still need to collect all of the masks, collect all of the puzzle pieces, and unlock all of the weapons...I can't wait! (I also cannot wait for the sequel, which will probably be a "day 1" purchase for me.)
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23119
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by dsheinem Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:25 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:1. Hotline Miami (PS3)

This fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I rolled the credits on this one twice last night: once for the "main" story and again for the "biker" segment. I also played through one of the two bonus missions, but I still need to collect all of the masks, collect all of the puzzle pieces, and unlock all of the weapons...I can't wait! (I also cannot wait for the sequel, which will probably be a "day 1" purchase for me.)


Such a phenomenal game :)
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21407
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by Ack Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:44 am

dsheinem wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:1. Hotline Miami (PS3)

This fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I rolled the credits on this one twice last night: once for the "main" story and again for the "biker" segment. I also played through one of the two bonus missions, but I still need to collect all of the masks, collect all of the puzzle pieces, and unlock all of the weapons...I can't wait! (I also cannot wait for the sequel, which will probably be a "day 1" purchase for me.)


Such a phenomenal game :)


Agreed. This was one of my favorite games that I beat last year, and I've been recommending it to almost everyone. I sat down and played through a good chunk of it again over the holiday break, just admiring how I keep coming back despite having done everything in it(including all achievements).
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9207
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Denver CO, USA

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Assassin's Creed IV will be the first one for me this year I'm sure.

Unfortunately, can't make much headway on it until Sunday when I get back home.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by Stark Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:25 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So I'm assuming you guys started these games in 2013? :lol:

On that note, it would actually be interesting to track start date. I have a feeling a bunch of mine would be months or years.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19497
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:13 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:1. Hotline Miami (PS3)

Clearly - and admittedly - inspired by Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive, this fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I rolled the credits on this one twice last night: once for the "main" story and again for the "biker" segment. I also played through one of the two bonus missions, but I still need to collect all of the masks, collect all of the puzzle pieces, and unlock all of the weapons...I can't wait! (I also cannot wait for the sequel, which will probably be a "day 1" purchase for me.)


Yes! Amazing game. One of the best digital titles ever and one of the best games period of the last few years.

@Stark
What games have you been working on for years? Mine would be Rogue and its little buddy NetHack.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by Stark Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:41 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:What games have you been working on for years? Mine would be Rogue and its little buddy NetHack.

Well they wouldn't be consistently worked on. Like I've started up Final Fantasy XIII several times since it's release. If I were to use my latest save it is a couple of years old at this point. Or one I beat in 2013 was Halo 4. I beat it on November 12th and I bought and played that game at launch (November 6th, 2012.) I start a lot of games and beat very few.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9740
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by BoringSupreez Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
The stand-alone expansion to my pick for 2012 GOTY. Definitely the best game I've played all year. I thought the forced cheesiness would wear thin by the end of the game, but they give you enough new stuff throughout the game and especially in the last mission that everything stays fun and funny. I wish more games were as willing to try something new and possibly risky as Blood Dragon was. Sadly, out of the tons of games that go for the '80s style, this will probably remain the only one that will do it with modern graphics... and have an actual '80s atmosphere to it, not just blocky graphics and chip music.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
User avatar
Luke
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21077
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Re: Games Beaten 2014

by Luke Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Get ready for a list that will be similar to my 2013 Beaten thread. Sorry, I'm a creature of habit.

I plan on beating at least five games tonight, and two games will be carry-overs from 2013.

But I drew a few games from the library including:

Streets of Rage Sega CD
Golden Axe Sega CD
Shinobi III Genesis
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis
Tekken Tag 2 (Carry over) 360
Bioshock (Carry over) 360
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PresidentLeever and 14 guests