Games Beaten 2014

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrPopo

Re: Games Beaten 2014

Post by MrPopo »

dsheinem wrote:
aaron wrote:...actively participate in the 2015 thread. i need to chip away at this backlog. i may fire up the backloggery account for this purpose.

I hope you do! Although I find Backloggery to be more of a burden/mental block in getting the backlog worked on than an actual help.

I like having the resource available so I can remember which games I've beaten and which I haven't. Since they added the unplayed designation it allows me to focus a bit better; I try to spend more time on played unbeaten games than starting new unplayed games.

I also plan on keeping a full track of my 2015 list in the next thread like the rest of you have in this thread.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

MrPopo wrote:I also plan on keeping a full track of my 2015 list in the next thread like the rest of you have in this thread.

Awesome!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Light Crusader should end up on my 2015 list. Been meaning to get through that one for some time.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Light Crusader should end up on my 2015 list. Been meaning to get through that one for some time.

It really has some fantastic vintage-Treasure art stuff going on...I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

FWIW, samsonlonghair thinks it is the "finest" RPG of all time :lol:

Edit: Also, just above that in that thread you say it is your favorite Treasure game...but you've not gotten through it :?: :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

dsheinem wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Light Crusader should end up on my 2015 list. Been meaning to get through that one for some time.

It really has some fantastic vintage-Treasure art stuff going on...I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

FWIW, samsonlonghair thinks it is the "finest" RPG of all time :lol:

Edit: Also, just above that in that thread you say it is your favorite Treasure game...but you've not gotten through it :?: :lol:

If I have beaten it then it was in 1995 or so. My brother owned it when we were kids. My memory is a bit hazy.

I have owned it since 2010-ish. Messed around with it, but haven't finished it. I'm not wild about Treasure in general and haven't finished most of their games - so LC being the "best" perhaps doesn't mean much. :lol:

I really need to play more Genesis and TG16 RPGs in general. I've spent so much time with the SNES.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

dsheinem wrote:
aaron wrote:...actively participate in the 2015 thread. i need to chip away at this backlog. i may fire up the backloggery account for this purpose.

I hope you do! Although I find Backloggery to be more of a burden/mental block in getting the backlog worked on than an actual help.

why do you feel that way? just curious. for me it's better to have an outline of what i need to accomplish rather than just having a bunch of unfinished libraries with stacks of games waiting for me to play them.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

aaron wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

why do you feel that way? just curious. for me it's better to have an outline of what i need to accomplish rather than just having a bunch of unfinished libraries with stacks of games waiting for me to play them.

A couple of reasons:

-Setting it up and keeping up with it is an extra layer of maintenance I don't want to bother with, and would serve as a deterrent.
-I don't always concur with their categories of how a game is finished, nor do I like the general idea of categorizing my own playing with a gradations of completion rubric.
-Having a giant list of games I still need to beat staring at me in the face when I log in is daunting...better to have them sitting on a shelf with a lot of other games that I have beaten, tucked away in cabinets, etc.

I get that it works for many people and I have recommended checking it out (I mentioned it in that Kotaku article, for example), but for me this thread works much better as a standalone kind of thing. That said, I do create some spreadsheets/text documents with working lists of things I want to tackle from time to time...and they can be helpful.
Flake

Post by Flake »

dsheinem wrote:
-Setting it up and keeping up with it is an extra layer of maintenance I don't want to bother with, and would serve as a deterrent.

This. I used to obsessively maintain my backloggery but then it occurred to me that I was spending much more time curating my game collection than I was playing - which, in turn, made me do some quick math and arrive at the conclusion that it would take me years and years to catch up to the backlog I had created just to curate.

It's a really neat feature that I think would be more interesting if it were an app that could be installed on game consoles or PCs to automate a lot of the work. But then, as Dave pointed out, you run into issues defining when some games are 'done'.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Yeah I'm an obsessive list-maker and I don't even care for the backloggery stuff.

Seems more useful to make a list of games I have beaten (see this thread) than a huge list of those I haven't.

Not to mention the fact that things get muddied when you consider how much of my collection is 2nd gen loopers and whatnot.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Games Beaten 2014:

1. GTA V(360)
2. Brothers(PSN)
3. Infamous(PS3)*
4. Infamous 2(PS3)
5. Remember Me(PS3 PS+ Freebie)
6. Shadow of the Colossus(PS3 HD Collection)*
7. Watch Dogs(PC)
8. Aliens Colonial Marines(360)
9. Titanfall(PC)
10. Battlefield 4(PC)(Hard)*
11. Adventure(Atari 2600)
12. Doom(Xbox)
13. Beyond Two Souls(PS3)
14. Killzone(PS3 KZ Triology)
15. Killzone 2(PS3 KZ Triology)
16. Call of Duty Ghosts(PS4)

As like most CoD games it's a fun/easy shooter with plenty of crazy scenarios and flashy set pieces. Interested to see where this series goes with the next entry with the way it ended. Also had a lot of fun with the Space/Ocean scenes. If there was one thing the game needed more of though it would have to be Riley :lol: . He was really fun to mess around with and it was kind of disappointing how little he was used in the second half of the game. I don't really know why the bothered bringing him back for that one scene near the end. In fact that scene makes no freaking sense now that I think about it how the hell did he get there by himself?