Games Beaten 2014

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten 2014

Post by Ack »

Stark wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:So I'm assuming you guys started these games in 2013? :lol:

Technically yes, I started mine at like 11:30p. It was 2014 somewhere.

Yeah, same here. But I could have sat down and beaten it today, as The Nightmare Levels is very short. It can be run through in just a few hours.

Eh, I'm now in the middle of playing Clive Barker's Undying, and I'm pretty far into that, so maybe I'll finish that up soon too.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

1. Hotline Miami (PS3)

Clearly - and admittedly - inspired by Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive, this fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I rolled the credits on this one twice last night: once for the "main" story and again for the "biker" segment. I also played through one of the two bonus missions, but I still need to collect all of the masks, collect all of the puzzle pieces, and unlock all of the weapons...I can't wait! (I also cannot wait for the sequel, which will probably be a "day 1" purchase for me.)
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:1. Hotline Miami (PS3)

This fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I rolled the credits on this one twice last night: once for the "main" story and again for the "biker" segment. I also played through one of the two bonus missions, but I still need to collect all of the masks, collect all of the puzzle pieces, and unlock all of the weapons...I can't wait! (I also cannot wait for the sequel, which will probably be a "day 1" purchase for me.)

Such a phenomenal game :)
Ack

Post by Ack »

dsheinem wrote:

This fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Such a phenomenal game :)

Agreed. This was one of my favorite games that I beat last year, and I've been recommending it to almost everyone. I sat down and played through a good chunk of it again over the holiday break, just admiring how I keep coming back despite having done everything in it(including all achievements).
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Assassin's Creed IV will be the first one for me this year I'm sure.

Unfortunately, can't make much headway on it until Sunday when I get back home.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So I'm assuming you guys started these games in 2013? :lol:

On that note, it would actually be interesting to track start date. I have a feeling a bunch of mine would be months or years.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Clearly - and admittedly - inspired by Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive, this fantastic game combines NARC's surreal violence with an amazing soundtrack, stellar gameplay, and neon-soaked, faux "8-bit" graphics reminiscent of Ultra's Mission: Impossible (NES). It is an amazing experience, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Yes! Amazing game. One of the best digital titles ever and one of the best games period of the last few years.

@Stark
What games have you been working on for years? Mine would be Rogue and its little buddy NetHack.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:What games have you been working on for years? Mine would be Rogue and its little buddy NetHack.

Well they wouldn't be consistently worked on. Like I've started up Final Fantasy XIII several times since it's release. If I were to use my latest save it is a couple of years old at this point. Or one I beat in 2013 was Halo 4. I beat it on November 12th and I bought and played that game at launch (November 6th, 2012.) I start a lot of games and beat very few.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
The stand-alone expansion to my pick for 2012 GOTY. Definitely the best game I've played all year. I thought the forced cheesiness would wear thin by the end of the game, but they give you enough new stuff throughout the game and especially in the last mission that everything stays fun and funny. I wish more games were as willing to try something new and possibly risky as Blood Dragon was. Sadly, out of the tons of games that go for the '80s style, this will probably remain the only one that will do it with modern graphics... and have an actual '80s atmosphere to it, not just blocky graphics and chip music.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Get ready for a list that will be similar to my 2013 Beaten thread. Sorry, I'm a creature of habit.

I plan on beating at least five games tonight, and two games will be carry-overs from 2013.

But I drew a few games from the library including:

Streets of Rage Sega CD
Golden Axe Sega CD
Shinobi III Genesis
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis
Tekken Tag 2 (Carry over) 360
Bioshock (Carry over) 360