Wolfenstein: The New Order PS4
DriveClub PS4
Sonic CD iOS
Sonic 2 iOS
Jurassic Park: The Game PC
Half Life 2 PC
Half Life 2: Episode 1PC

Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed Vita

I booted up my Vita to just play around while listening to some podcasts and doing laundry and ended up beating this again. The Vita version is pretty good. Looks nice but the framerate is really unsteady on some tracks. I'm less passionate about the game than I was back in 2012 when it was released on Wii U, probably because Mario Kart 8 has come out since. It's still a fantastic game but despite the large number of Sega properties it felt really kinda dry to me. That could also be a result of the rather toned down Vita graphics.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2014

Post by GSZX1337 »

1) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - Genesis (rebeat)
2) Devil May Cry 2 – Xbox 360 via DMC HD Collection
3) Spyborgs
4) Truxton - Genesis (on Easy :()
5) Sol-Feace - X68000
6) Super Mario Sunshine – Gamecube (finished off)
7) Strider 2 – PlayStation (x2)
VIII) Bionic Commando – NES
9) Goldeneye 007 – N64
10) Bionic Commando 2009 - PC
11) Strider - NES
12) Strider 2014 - PC
13) Batman: Arkham Asylum - PC
14) Halo: Spartan Assault - PC
15) Mega Man: Powered Up - PSP
16) Portal - PC (rebeat)
17) Mega Man - NES (rebeat)
18) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PS3
19) Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Wii
20) Heavenly Sword - PS3
21) X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Xbox 360
22) Bionic Commando Rearmed - PC
23) Bionic Commando ReRearmed Re-Armed 2 - Xbox 360

24) Capsized - PC
Fantastic, just fantastic. This game has jetpacks, a side-scrolling perspective, an Abuse-like control scheme, an emphasis on physics, and more. The visuals feature high-res 2D artwork and looks very nice. The sound effects do their job with nothing too outstanding. Similarly, the music doesn't stand out too much since it's soft, ambient Electronica. It does make for a nice listen while watching the loading screens and story scenes. In lieu of text dialogues or animations are comic-panel stills to tell the (admittedly barebones) story. The only negative I can come up with is that I think things feel kinda floaty, which makes sense since the setting is an alien planet.

25) Painkiller - PC
This game just rocks. It's basically Doom in a 3D environment, and that's a good thing to me. Thankfully the single-player campaign is great, so the recent multiplayer shutdown doesn't sting too badly.

26) Chronos Twin - DS
This is a fun platformer with a unique gimmick, the gimmick being each screen shows the current area in a different time period. This gimmick allows the game to have interesting puzzles and unique battles. One might think that by having the gameplay take place on both screens simultaneously (as opposed to only using one screen at a time, ala Sonic Rush) would make the game artificially difficult, but the game's gradual difficulty curve adequately prevents this problem. The presentation is nice as well with graphics reminiscent of the 16-bit era and a soothing soundtrack. Every gamer with a DS should give this game a try.

27) Binary Domain - PC
This is a pretty good cover-based shooter. There's not much to say about the gameplay other than most everything feels right. The weapons, controls, and mechanics all feel great. The trust system though trivial, is interesting and makes me wish there's a sequel to build upon this system and make it more consequential. The story made me roll my eyes at first, but then I started to see the characters as parodies of stereotypes. I'm not sure if that's how they were meant to be viewed, but after viewing them that way, I was able to appreciate the concepts brought into the plot. The port was less than stellar with limited configuration options and improper prompts for controls (all mouse controls show M instead of indicating a mouse click). However, the port quality doesn't detract much from a great game.

28) Crysis - PC
Wow, this game is seven years old already? And I've just now beaten it? Talk about slow. Doesn't really matter since the game turned out to be pretty much what I expected: A series of killbox environments to murderize Korean soldiers until the aliens show up to play. Afterward it becomes a standard linear shooter. I rather liked the zero-g level that everyone bitched about. Though I would've liked it if the game had stayed a series of killboxes throughout the entire game, the second half was done rather well with cool vehicle segments and fun uses for the suit.

29) Dead Space - PC
This game sucks. It's a dull shooter masquerading as a horror title. This game does almost nothing right as the "horror" is nothing but ineffectual jump scares accompanied with ineffectual music stings and the shooter element is just flaccid with no challenge or variety. Also, the game will tell you to please stand by and watch its scary scenes by halting your progress. The plot was absolutely dull, predictable, and completely failed in getting me invested. All you are in this game is a mute bitch errand boy. "Do this, do that. Fix that. Get part X and insert it into thing Y." So tedious. These problems would be somewhat tolerable if Issac either talked or gestured. Having this as a complaint might come as a surprise since I recently mentioned that Half-Life, with its silent protagonist, Gordon Freeman, is my favorite game. The key difference here is the perspective change as being in the first person made me feel as though I was Gordon Freeman, whereas being in the third person made me feel like I was controlling Issac. Because Issac was completely emotionless and unresponsive, I was unable to get invested in the events of the game. What a failure of a horror game. Oh, and the port's shit as well.

30-33) Mega Man Zero Collection - DS (rebeat)
I am very ambivalent towards this game series. On on hand, it has some of the best Mega Man(X) gameplay in the franchise and some much appreciated variety. On the other, it has a bullshit ranking system, RPG elements that get in the way of the core gameplay, and some aggravating changes.

In usual fashion, Mega Man Zero nails the control and feel of Mega Man. Jumping, dashing, shooting, etc. all feel great in these four games. The stage designs and boss battles are expertly tweaked to allow both a challenge and a speedy path. The visuals are also very nice. Not only are the sprites aesthetically pleasing, but the backgrounds and still artwork are eye catching. The Metroidvania-ish aspect of the first title, the Chain Rod in the second title, and the weather in the fourth title are welcome changes to the Mega Man formula.

Unfortunately, there are just as many, if not more, annoying changes. While the second title's gimmick weapon was pretty cool, the equivalent weapons in the first, third, and fourth titles are almost useless. Sure bouncing up and down with the Triple Rod and Recoil Rod was fun, and using the Z-Knuckle to steal weapons made me feel like a smart ass, but most of the time I find it more useful to fall back to the ol' Buster and Saber.

The ranking system was just a waste of time in all four games. The first title's implementation is annoying as it punishes you for using Cyber-Elves, 1-Ups, and upgrades. Basically, it punishes you for playing the game like a Mega Man X game. The second game makes things worse by forcing you to get an A or S in order to get the EX Skills (basically this game's equivalent to Special Weapons). The third game still makes the rankings mandatory, but allows the use of one use elves. I didn't really give a shit about this since I'd played through two games without them. Things get better in MMZ4 since it doesn't make the rankings mandatory. However, this time around the player must complete a level with the appropriate weather settings to acquire EX Skills.

There's more like the RPG elements of the first two titles and the parts recipes, but I think I've done enough bitching for now. Overall, it seems that for each welcome change to the series there is at least one annoying change to go with it. I think the best way to enjoy these games is to look up each game ahead of time to see what you have to contend with.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

1. Mortal Kombat II - 32X
2. Cosmic Carnage - 32X
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade - XBLA
4. X-men Arcade - XBLA
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist - Genesis
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time - SNES
7. Metroid: Other M - Wii
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii
9. Metroid Fusion - GBA
10.Star Trek - Xbox 360
11.Fable Anniversary - Xbox 360
12.Ranma 1/2: Chougi Ranbuhen - SFC
13.Sailor Moon R - SFC
14.Super Tempo - Saturn
15.Crash Bandicoot - PS1
16.X-men Vs. Street Fighter - Saturn
17.Wave Race 64 - N64
18.Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games - Wii U
19.Mario Kart 8 - Wii U
20.Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - SNES
21.Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder - Sega CD
22.Ico (HD) - PS3
23.Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PS1
24.Resident Evil 2 - PS1
25.Wonder Boy in Monster World - Genesis
26.Resident Evil: Code Veronica - Dreamcast
27.Ninja: Shadow of Darkness - PS1
28.Freedom Planet - PC
29.Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox 360
30.Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Xbox 360
31.Need for Speed: The Run - Xbox 360
32.Donald Duck Goin' Qu@ckers - Dreamcast
33.Binary Domain - Xbox 360
34.Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Xbox 360
35.Doom - XBLA
36.Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Wii U
37.Wolfenstein: The New Order - Xbox One
38.Banjo Kazooie - XBLA
39.Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Wii U
40.Diddy Kong Racing - N64
41.Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - Xbox One
42.Project Diva F 2nd - PS3
43.Banjo Tooie - XBLA
44.Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge - PC
45.The Evil Within - Xbox One

Well that's it for the year.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

First off, this game is incredibly gorgeous. More than once I cursed the Xbox One's (current) inability to take screenshots. So many beautiful scenes. Anyway, I was initially pretty bummed about this title's change in gameplay style. I didn't think Tomb Raider needed to be refreshed again (I loved Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld). Once things got going though I fell in love with Tomb Raider for the third time, and I was every bit as addicted to this one as previous titles. Looking forward to Rise next year.

Project Diva F 2nd

Definitely a more difficult song list than the first F. Still ridiculously fun though. This is pretty easily my favorite rhythm series. I hope they keep 'em coming, because I don't see myself tiring of the formula.

Banjo-Tooie

A classic that I never completed in its day, I'm glad to finally have it down. The game is huge but cohesive, and despite some annoyances (Grunty Industries is such a bitch of a level) it really is one of Rare's best, and among the best games period on the 64. The Xbla port is gorgeous.

Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge

Short but very sweet. Aside from being a fun romp, I appreciated the pointless nature of the adventure, which concludes with you kicking the space prince in the balls. The title is apt, at least. :lol: Its definitely suited to multiple runs, so I'll be playing it again. I definitely missed some stuff, as I received the "bad" ending. I also got an achievement for completing the game without purchasing any upgrades. I didn't even realize there were upgrades to buy until that moment, so there you have it!

The Evil Within

Wow, what a ride. The first chapter kind of struck me as a set piece, as it dumps you straight into the shit without preamble and is ridiculously gory. The game never really gets that disgusting again (though its still gruesome), though the final level had bits that reminded me of Doom, "the floor is intestines" and the like.

It was very moody, which I liked, and despite complaints I've read I felt the story worked just fine. I also appreciated the level of difficulty. It was at its hardest for me in Chapter 3. With your very limited resources at that early point, beating the boss (a friendly gent known as The Sadist) was a bit of a pain for me (tip: upgrade Sprint Duration!). After that though I found my groove and the rest of the game came very naturally.

The final boss was a bit weird though. I mean, it was crazy, which was to be expected, but the game in general requires skill and managing your ammo. The battles leading up to the ending reinforced this. But then the final boss comes in and suddenly you're in an over the top action game. It worked contextually, but beating it was virtually effortless, which just didn't feel right.

Anyway, I loved it, and I will definitely be buying the dlc when it comes, and hoping for a sequel. For the record, it took me 16 and a half hours to finish, and I died 82 times.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

I haven't uodated this since August. Finished one last game today so this is my final list.

January
1. 1942 (PS3 - Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
2. Avengers (PS3 - Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
3. 1943: The Battle of Midway (PS3 - Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
4. Legendary Wings (PS3 - Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
5. Resistance 2 (PS3)
6. Resistance 3 (PS3)

February
7. Hyper Dyne Side Arms (PS3 - Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
8. Section Z (PS3 - Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
9. Solar Hoops (360)
10. Saints Row The Third: Gangstas in Space DLC (PC - Steam)
11. Saints Row The Third: Genkibowl VII DLC (PC - Steam)
12. Saints Row The Third: The Trouble with Clones DLC (PC - Steam)
13. The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC (PS3)

March
14. flOw (PSVita)
15. The Walking Dead Survival Instinct (PS3)
16. Burnout Paradise: Big Surf Island DLC (PS3)

April
17. Proteus (PS3)
18. Dragon Fantasy Book 1 (PSVita)
19. inFAMOUS 2 (PS3)

May
20. SOULCALIBUR Lost Swords (PS3)
21. Hotline Miami (PS3)
22. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare (PS3)

June
23. Battleblock Theater (PC - Steam)
24. Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3)
25. Jurassic Park The Game: Episode 1 - The Intruder (PS3)
26. Jurassic Park The Game: Episode 2 - The Cavalry (PS3)
27. Jurassic Park The Game: Episode 3 - The Depths (PS3)
28. Jurassic Park The Game: Episode 4 - The Survivors (PS3)
29. Machinarium (PS3)
30. Streets of Rage 2 (PS3)
31. The Stanley Parable (PC - Steam)
32. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)
33. Machinarium (PSVita)

July
34. Insurgency (PC - Steam)
35. Tearaway (PSVita)
36. Call of Duty Roads to Victory (PSVita - PSP Download)
37. Limbo (PSVita)
38. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3)

August
39. DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSVita)
40. Arkedo Series 01 - Jump (PS3)
41. Wet (PS3)
42. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (PSVita)
43. Actual Sunlight (PC - Steam)

UPDATE
September
44. These Robotic Hearts of Mine (iOS)
45. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC - Steam)
46. Skate 2 (PS3)

October
47. Cel Damage HD (PSVita)
48. Dino Crisis (PSVita - PS1 Classic)

November
None :(

December
49. Dragon Age Origins (PS3)
50. Mega Man 3 (3DS - Gameboy Virtual Console)
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

1/6: Dear Esther (Steam)
1/11: Hydrophobia: Prophecy (Steam)
1/14: Spirit Camera: Cursed Memoir (3DS)
1/26: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
2/1: 1,000,000 (Steam)
3/14: Thomas Was Alone (Steam)
3/15: Fairy Bloom Freesia (Steam)
3/22: Suikoden (PS1)
3/25: Wizorb (Steam)
3/28: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Steam)
3/29: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
3/30: Chibi-Robo! (GC)
3/31: Luigi's Mansion (GC)
4/13: Deponia (GOG)
4/13: Shatter (Steam)
4/14: Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: Cage Match (3DS)
4/19: Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
4/23: Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia (PS2)
4/25: Freddi Fish 3: Case of the Stolen Conch Shell (PC)
4/26: Frogatto & Friends (Desura)
5/6: Persona 4 (PS2)
5/9: The Last Us (PS3)
5/24: Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
5/28: Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Steam)
6/2: Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians (Steam)
6/11: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)
6/23: Half-Life (Steam)
6/30: Analogue: A Hate Story (Steam)
7/1: Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior (Steam)
7/7: LoZ: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC)
7/7: Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
7/13: Ys I (Steam)
7/15: Ys II (Steam)
7/27: Super Mario 64 (Wii VC)
8/19: LoZ: Ocarina of Time (Wii VC)
8/24: Ico (PS2)
12/1: Scribblenauts Unlimited (Steam)
12/6: VVVVVV (GOG)
12/7: Karateka (Steam)
12/11: FEZ (Steam)
12/22: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS)
12/27: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut (PS3)

Man this game is just so bad and good at the same time :lol: The textures and framerate are awful, the map can be pretty confusing at times, and the car noises get a bit irritating, but the characters and story are just so interesting that I can easily look past all that. Plus the music is pretty good! I think the only thing I really didn't like was how I had to fight this annoying wall crawling zombie about 15 times :l It's not a hard fight each time, but it takes enough time to be annoying. Still, I'll definitely be going back to this to finish off most (if not all) of the side quests.

I might be able to finish off one more game before the new year, but I'll see how it goes.
Oms

Post by Oms »

I have read this thread for years now and have always thought about posting.
last year I told myself I would beat ten games this year and as of last night my goal is accomplished!

Here is my list in no order

Stick Of Truth
I'm huge South Park fan and although the gameplay fell a little a short a I loved Stick Of Truth and look forward to playing it again.

Journey
I have played through Journey before but introducing it to someone new is always great.

Rayman Legends
I loved Origins and I loved legends, can't wait for more of this series. My only criticism is the shmup style levels in Legends, I prefer piloting a bug to floating.

Pokemon Y
Pokemon Red got me started on RPG's and I like the series enough to play all the main franchise games. This one rates somewhere in the middle for me.

Portal 2
I'm not really sure what to say about Portal 2. I guess it's great, and I'm glad I finally got around to playing it.

Mario Kart 8
BEST MARIO KART EVER!!!

Need For Speed The Run
I don't play a lot of racing games but the premise of racing across the United States sold me on this one and I'm glad it did. There's some really bad QTE's but they are far outweighed by a lot of great racing.

Shovel Knight
I think the "retro-style-pixel-art-platformer" genre is very saturated one right now and it can be a little overwhelming but Shovel Knight stood out to me since it's kickstarter and I think it's a cut above it's peers

Flower
When I first played flower years ago it kinda felt like a tech a demo and while there's not a ton of a depth to it, it has a lot going for it. I'm glad I gave it the time and looked at the experience as a whole.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
I like Lego games and Marvel, there is nothing spectacular about this game but it was a fun little mindless distraction
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Oms wrote:I have read this thread for years now and have always thought about posting.
last year I told myself I would beat ten games this year and as of last night my goal is accomplished!

Congrats! And welcome!

You hit a few of my all time favorites in your list this year - Journey and Flower are stellar, Portal 2 is great, and Shovel Knight made my short list for GOTY. You certainly have a lot of quality titles here!
Ack

Post by Ack »

1. Blood II: The Nightmare Levels (PC)(FPS)
2. Metal Slug (MVS)(Run and Gun)
3. Clive Barker's Undying (PC)(FPS)
4. Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs. Death (PC)(FPS)
5. Lagoon (SNES)(RPG)
6. Tin Star (SNES)(Light Gun)
7. Cacoma Knight in Bizyland (SNES)(Puzzle)
8. World Heroes (MVS)(Fighting)
9. Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun (SNES)(Edutainment)
10. Rival Turf! (SNES)(Beat 'Em Up)
11. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Genesis)(Fighting)
12. SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (NGPC)(Fighting)
13. Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES)(RPG)
14. Super Turrican 2 (SNES)(Run and Gun)
15. Brain Lord (SNES)(RPG)
16. Live A Live (SNES)(RPG)
17. Treasure Adventure Game (PC)(Platformer)
18. Realms of the Haunting (PC)(FPS)
19. Pocket Tennis Color (NGPC)(Sports)
20. Unreal Gold (PC)(FPS)
21. Puzzle Bobble Mini (NGPC)(Puzzle)
22. John Romero's Daikatana (PC)(FPS)
23. Scratches: Director's Cut (PC)(Point and Click)
24. Evoland (PC)(RPG)
25. Dead Pixels (PC)(Run and Gun)
26. Dungeon Defenders (PC)(RPG)
27. Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (PC)(FPS/RPG)
28. Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (PC)(FPS/RPG)
29. Borderlands: Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution (PC)(FPS/RPG)
30. The Simpsons (Arcade)(Beat 'Em Up)
31. Borderlands (PC)(FPS/RPG)
32. Portal (PC)(FPS)
33. Math Blaster (SNES)(Edutainment)
34. The Walking Dead (PC)(Point and Click)
35. The Walking Dead: 400 Days (PC)(Point and Click)
36. Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot (PC)(FPS/RPG)
37. Cubetractor (PC)(Puzzle)
38. Tecmo Secret of the Stars (SNES)(RPG)
39. Wheel of Fortune: Featuring Vanna White (SNES)(Game Show Simulator)
40. Borderlands 2 (PC)(FPS/RPG)
41. Borderlands 2 Headhunter - T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest (PC)(FPS/RPG)
42. Borderlands 2 Headhunter - The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (PC)(FPS/RPG)
43. Borderlands 2 Headhunter - Son of Crawmerax (PC)(FPS/RPG)
44. Borderlands 2 - Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (PC)(FPS/RPG)
45. Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends (SNES)(Edutainment)
46. Bust-A-Move (SNES)(Puzzle)
47. Borderlands 2 - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (PC)(FPS/RPG)
48. Borderlands 2 - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt (PC)(FPS/RPG)
49. Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (PC)(FPS/RPG)
50. Borderlands 2 Headhunter - How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (PC)(FPS/RPG)

51. Borderlands 2 Headhunter - Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (PC)(FPS/RPG)
52. Borderlands 2 - Digistruct Peak Challenge (PC)(FPS/RPG)
53. Street Racer (SNES)(Racing)
54. The Combatribes (SNES)(Beat 'Em Up)
55. Hammerwatch (PC)(Action RPG)
56. Breath of Fire II (SNES)(RPG)
57. Secret of Evermore (SNES)(RPG)

I said Secret of Evermore would be my final game of 2014. I lied.

58. Wet (PS3)(Third Person Shooter)

Wet is...well, it's pretty bland in my opinion. It's attempt at grindhouse style had both positives and negatives, and its cartoonish ultra-violence was ok to a point but after a while just felt repetitive as I stabbed the tenth or so minigun guy in the dick. Again.

If you want a quick rundown of Wet, it's John Woo's Stranglehold borrowing a little of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune's platforming while pretending it's dressed as House of the Dead: Overkill. And it's repetitive. The game is just traveling between a series of score-based rooms with infinite enemies where you close door-based spawn points and try to get a high score while fighting the exact same bland enemies over and over(and over) again. While there are unlockable guns over the course of the game, there was little reason to switch to them. There are also collectables, but they seem to have no function beyond achievement hunting in the grand scheme of things.

There is an upgrade system, but in truth it is quite limited and you only need to upgrade the basic pistols and get a few of the acrobatic moves to beat things on Normal setting. The only times I died, it was because I was stuck trying to fight the controls for the platforming segments(dropping down versus jumping across...a pain in the ass) or I got stuck in an animation while a guy with a minigun stood beside me and unloaded. And if you want to replay the game, you have to start over again. There are unlockable challenges to play through, but they're for achievements and don't actually give you the ability to play levels you liked.

Also, quick time events.

If you like rockabilly, the game's soundtrack will probably interest you.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

Having also beaten Wet this year I can say your overall assessment is solid. However, I played the game on Hard rather then normal and I feel that the other weapons and unlock system become much more important on that difficulty. It was hard enough that I had to retry sections multiple times to come up with the best 'line' through the room. The pistols also didn't do nearly enough damage until they were maxed out in the upgrade path so I had to manage my ammo with the other weapons to take out the tough enemies.

Its rough around the edges, but its all round solid I thought.
joehero
32-bit

Post by joehero »

I feel like I knocked off a couple of classics and a few others along the way this year. Hope to be more active this next year.

12-29-14
To The Moon (PC)

12-16-14
Castlevania - Harmony of dissonance (GBA)

12-15-14
Primal (PS2)

11-23-14
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

11-06-14
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA)

10-30-14
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (PS)

09-15-14
Wendy, every which way (GB)

09-14-14
Links Awakening DX (GB)

04-09-14
Metroid 2 (GB)

04-07-14
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)

03-07-14
Warioland 4 (GBA)

03-03-14
wild west c.o.w. boys (ARC)