Games Beaten 2013

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2013

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote:26. The Death and Return of Superman (SNES)(Beat 'Em Up)

I've never beaten that game w/o cheats or extra lives. I believe the furthest I've made it would be the John Henry stage. Great game though.

Which makes me think about the best comic book themed b'mup for the snes, that follows an actual story. Both Superman and Batman Returns share similar qualities, but you also have to throw Maximum Carnage into the conversation.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, once i had the throw mechanics down, the Man of Steel stage was where things got rough. But you can actually use enemies to smash those teleporters in the ground, which can cut down on the number of guys you must face. It was the only way I made it through the final level.

And I really need to pick up both Batman Returns and Maximum Carnage. Neither are in my SNES collection yet.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote:Yeah, once i had the throw mechanics down, the Man of Steel stage was where things got rough. But you can actually use enemies to smash those teleporters in the ground, which can cut down on the number of guys you must face. It was the only way I made it through the final level.

And I really need to pick up both Batman Returns and Maximum Carnage. Neither are in my SNES collection yet.

Before your write up in this thread, I had never noticed the teleporters and thought it was simply wave after wave of enemies. I'll definitely this another play in hopes to beat it without cheating.

If you enjoyed D&RofSupes, you'll love Batman Returns (assuming you haven't played it). Maximum Carnage, however, is ridiculously challenging. Hidden power-ups are basically a must if you want to advance in the game. But, it's a better game than Separation Anxiety, and although it has the same enemies over and over, it still provides a fun Spidey experience.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I honestly love how brutal Maximum Carnage is. I think it fits the story, and once you get good at it you feel awesome. :lol:

I was always a bit disappointed by Separation Anxiety though. Its good on its own, but you can't help comparing it to Maximum Carnage, and once you do it just doesn't stack up.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hey, I figured it out after noticing how I had messed up the floor. Next time you play, in those final levels, look for the colored circles on the ground. Smashing one generates a different sound effect from normal throws. And you must use the backwards throw to do it!

It has been years since I played either Maximum Carnage or Separation Anxiety. The last SNES game I played through with Spidey was War of the Gems. Great times!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

CFFJR wrote:
I was always a bit disappointed by Separation Anxiety though...

It looks and plays a bit goofy, doesn't it? It isn't terrible, but as you said when paired against MC it pales in comparison.

Ack wrote: And you must use the backwards throw to do it!

...War of the Gems. Great times!

Good to know, thanks.

I want to own War of The Gems sooooooooooooo bad. Thanos has always been my fave Marvel character, and I love the idea of facing him outside of his bubble throwing M.vs.C character.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

War of the Gems has been on my list forever. I need to buy it already.

1. Doom 3: The Lost Mission - X360
2. Doom 3 - PC
3. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (100%) -3DS
4. Phantasy Star Portable - PSP
5. Tempo Jr. - Game Gear
6. The Lost World: Jurassic Park - Game Gear
7. GG Aleste - Game Gear
8. World Trophy Soccer - Genesis
9. Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind - Genesis
10.Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Genesis
11.Crystal's Pony Tale - Genesis
12.NHL '98 - Genesis
13.The Death And Return of Superman - Genesis
14.Taz in Escape From Mars - Genesis
15.Shui Hu: Feng Yun Zhuan - Megadrive
16.Lords of Thunder - Sega CD

Wow, I've heard people say Lords of Thunder was easy, but I never expected it to go down that quickly.

I sat down with the game to try it out while waiting for the dryer, and before I knew it I'd finished it. Its definitely fun, love the backgrounds and the music, the weapon/armor system is cool, I always appreciate being able to choose my level order, and I like being able to access the shop before each level.

I played on normal this time, but I'll have to play it again and turn up the difficulty.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Yeah, Lords of Thunder is a pretty easy romp, pretty much entirely due to the shop. Fun nonetheless though.

I bet trying to take the game down without making any shop purchases would be a nice challenge.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Yeah, Lords of Thunder is a pretty easy romp, pretty much entirely due to the shop. Fun nonetheless though.

I bet trying to take the game down without making any shop purchases would be a nice challenge.

Ooh, that's a good idea. I might have to take a crack at it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I just beat the main solo storyline for the MMO, The Secret World and enjoyed the crap out of it. I am debating whether or not to try the dungeons and stuff and am really leaning against it. I have other game sI want to play and I feel like I completed what I wanted to in the game. We will see! On to Little King Story!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.