Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Arenegeth
24-bit

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Arenegeth »

Didn't know where else to post this. But Sega is running a survey to ask people for some of their forgotten series, including Phantasy Star (Online and old-school), Shining and even Jet Set Radio.

There's also questions about Yakuza, Bayonetta and Valkyria Chronicles from the series that still get some love.

If you are living in the United States you can also enter a Sweepstakes for participating apparently, but anyone can take the survey, I know I did.

Hopefully people will nudge them in the right direction, about bringing some of these series back.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I hope this isn't just something for their latest mobile Match 3 game (which is kind of a mess).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Of the likely candidates, looks like Google is the first to bring out a streaming platform to compete against consoles. Figured it'd be them, Apple, or Amazon, but Google had the streaming tests with Assassin's Creed somewhat recently.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

isiolia wrote:Of the likely candidates, looks like Google is the first to bring out a streaming platform to compete against consoles. Figured it'd be them, Apple, or Amazon, but Google had the streaming tests with Assassin's Creed somewhat recently.

I am very excited for this. Putting 60 hours into assassins creed during project stream and having an occasional gritty video quality and almost zero lag has shown that this is a great option for folks. Just having chrome cast opens you up to being able to play a game on your TV with the same quality as your pc. My internet isn't even that good and it worked almost flawlessly.

I am down.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I didn't get in on the streaming tests, but from what you've mentioned and things like Digital Foundry's testing, it seems like they've done a very good job with it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Gettin' all set up for some Friday night gaming.

Who's joining me, boyos?
Ack

Post by Ack »

How'd you get into the utility closet at my old apartment complex?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

And who the hell is Raye?
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

Michi wrote:And who the hell is Raye?

Raye used to hoard bananas, shoot guns with secret agents, and explore the galaxy with foxes.
She went through a rough period in her early twenties however, and now all she does is play on her Kinect.
We don't talk about Raye.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Got an aftermarket C64 controller and it's amazing. Not only is it 100 times more responsive than any joystick I've ever used, but one of the action buttons doubles as "up" -- which removes the up-to-jump quandary. Brilliant. Think I'll be getting myself an MSX controller next.