Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by marurun »

I wonder if there's some previous owner information cached somewhere that just isn't clearing out.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

That's a good point Maru and is probably an issue in some cases, but I actually purchased this Xbox 360 console new back in 2008, so I've been the only owner.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I tried buying something on my Xbox 360: same problem! I guess the store's gone buggy after years of neglect.

I found a pretty simple workaround to to buy things though: I just bought a digital Xbox gift card in my browser and redeemed it into my account. With that I was able to get a game (although it took two tries, which is odd to me).

I gotta say: I'm not a fan of the end of life for all these online digital-download type consoles!
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Nemoide, thanks for letting us know you had this same issue! I thought it was something I did wrong or an issue with my account. Also, I appreciate the tip on that workaround. I'm not familiar with how to redeem a gift card code, but I'll look into that and give it a shot in the next few days.

I've only bought a handful of games through Xbox Live Arcade, with the last being in 2019, but I totally agree -- it sucks when these services become neglected and these digital only games get lost in the matrix.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Play Muv-Luv.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I actually just ordered both Muv-Luv games as I work on trying to get as many Vita games as possible before the service ends!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Play Muv-Luv.

Definitely no thanks.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Nemoide wrote:I actually just ordered both Muv-Luv games as I work on trying to get as many Vita games as possible before the service ends!

You will not be disappointed.

o.pwuaioc wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Play Muv-Luv.

Definitely no thanks.

Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Did you hear of this WineHQ stuff? For a long time I thought it was a half working dreamy amateur programers trying to sell the idea that you can run Windows apps natively on Linux/Mac so I never tried it. I thought only some specific software will work that has been heavily customised to work with it and even then it will half work. I heard some games like SiN work with a WINE wrapper but I always had my doubts.

Between not owning a Windows Machine, low specs to run VM, and not wanting to dualboot on a Macbook I gave it a shot. This thing is black magic, not computing. I tried Blood because this Doom clone probably runs on a calculator, it worked flawless. It seemed to work better than if it was native Mac game. I thought maybe they had a custom wrapper made for the more popular games so I will fool it. I played an obscure game called Death Trap Dungeon. It gave me few runtime error pop-ups and something about missing var memory during installation. I launched the game none the less it works butter smooth. My machine was even running cooler than when I plauyed Shadow Warrior(original) for Mac IIRC.

They even have modern games like Dishonored II and Metro 2033 but I did not dare to try those. I was told this is what Valve and Lutris use to run games on Linux. I don't understand how an emulator is different from this but I am completely dumbfounded.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, WINE is pretty awesome.