Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - how is it going?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

Post by CFFJR »

@Noise and SpaceBooger

Just a heads up, I received my copy of Jet Set Radio Future today (though technically I cheaped out and bought the pack in version that also has Sega GT). I'm down to start whenever you guys are.

On the Zelda front, Majora's Mask is freaking amazing. I adore that game. Just sayin'. :wink:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Decided to finally make that list. :mrgreen:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl
Dino Crisis
Patapon -Playing-
Marathon 2: Durandal
Batman: Arkham City
Hitman 2 -Playing-
Trine
X-Com UFO Defense
Company of Heroes
Star Control II

Not going to do these in order, but I definitely want to get through all of them. Worried about being able to finish Star Control II by Fall though. I love the game but I've never gotten passed 10 hours in for whatever reason. I just fail at the game and end up losing everything.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CFFJR wrote:@Noise and SpaceBooger

Just a heads up, I received my copy of Jet Set Radio Future today (though technically I cheaped out and bought the pack in version that also has Sega GT). I'm down to start whenever you guys are.

cool, I'll try to pop it in in the next couple of days then. Maybe you can figure out how to leave the main hub and actually, y'know... start playing the game.

Nice find on the GT pack. I actually wanted that one myself, but found the single game locally for cheap.

---

GTA: Vice City -- WTF? I'm stuck on this Riot chapter. I've failed it four or five times now. It's kind of a pain because when you re-start it you have to first go to the clothing shop before you can go to the mission. Anyway, I checked a walkthrough that said the easiest way to beat it is to stay in a car and just run everyone the fuck over. But when I tried that, they pulled me out of the car and beat me unmercifully. Any other hints? :?
Flake

Post by Flake »

I think I am going to abandon the challenge for the second year in a row.

Metroid Prime 2 is just not compelling enough. The game was fine until this huge fetch quest was just dropped into my lap. It looks like it's going to be a multi-hour backtrack-athon and unlike Prime or Prime 3, this game just doesn't have the story or atmosphere to make me want to bother.

I might still make some headway on Super Paper Mario or Metroid II but it looks like I failed once again.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

i'll probably end up abandoning the challenge too. My mind's kinda preoccupied lately...
Flake

Post by Flake »

AppleQueso wrote:i'll probably end up abandoning the challenge too. My mind's kinda preoccupied lately...

It's funny because it's just video games - the least important thing in the world. It still feels bad to quit, though.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

AppleQueso wrote:i'll probably end up abandoning the challenge too. My mind's kinda preoccupied lately...

Me too, unfortunately. I'm still only on my second game (Golden Sun) and haven't even made it out of the first dungeon. I'm just way too busy to play games (between work, school, travel, and everything else) and my interest just seems to be waning too. I'd still like to finish the games on my original list, it's just not going to happen this summer. Maybe by the end of 2012.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

noiseredux wrote:
CFFJR wrote:@Noise and SpaceBooger

cool, I'll try to pop it in in the next couple of days then. Maybe you can figure out how to leave the main hub and actually, y'know... start playing the game.

Nice find on the GT pack. I actually wanted that one myself, but found the single game locally for cheap.

---

GTA: Vice City -- WTF? I'm stuck on this Riot chapter. I've failed it four or five times now. It's kind of a pain because when you re-start it you have to first go to the clothing shop before you can go to the mission. Anyway, I checked a walkthrough that said the easiest way to beat it is to stay in a car and just run everyone the fuck over. But when I tried that, they pulled me out of the car and beat me unmercifully. Any other hints? :?

Well I popped it in and played for about 40 minutes. So you're stuck in the area where the tutorial was? If you skate around the outskirts of the area where the checkerboard looking floor is, you can see some openings in the buildings. It looks like its just for looks, but its actually the exit. If you move out there the camera will back off and show the name of the first area, Dogenzaka Hill, and you can leave. The exit is kinda northeast of the platform where the robot is.

Its interesting, because it seems like every area is connected in some way, and I think you can go back to the garage from any level. I'm enjoying it so far, what very little bit I've played. I love how everybody's dancing in this game. :lol:

I wish I could help you with Vice City, but its been so long since I've played it that what you're describing only sounds vaguely familiar to me. Good luck just the same.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Well, unlike some others on here I'm not quitting yet!

.......though at the rate I'm going I am wondering how long it'll take me to finish :lol:

Anyway, I spent another hour grinding in the cave. I made much better progress today. I kept running into better enemies. Those damn frogs are easy and give okay experience, but I've spent a fortune on Maidens Kisses. Oh, and I finally ran into my first Malboro. What a pain. I'm going to have go go buy a couple more Remedies :?
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

CFFJR wrote:Well I popped it in and played for about 40 minutes. So you're stuck in the area where the tutorial was? If you skate around the outskirts of the area where the checkerboard looking floor is, you can see some openings in the buildings. It looks like its just for looks, but its actually the exit. If you move out there the camera will back off and show the name of the first area, Dogenzaka Hill, and you can leave. The exit is kinda northeast of the platform where the robot is.

Its interesting, because it seems like every area is connected in some way, and I think you can go back to the garage from any level. I'm enjoying it so far, what very little bit I've played. I love how everybody's dancing in this game. :lol:

I wish I could help you with Vice City, but its been so long since I've played it that what you're describing only sounds vaguely familiar to me. Good luck just the same.

I was also stuck there but I only played it for a couple minutes, so thanks for the advise.

I have been finding myself playing Batman Begins on the Xbox and Conan on the PS3. So as soon as I beat one of those games I'll start JSRF.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.