Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
CFFJR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by CFFJR Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 pm

@Noise and SpaceBooger

Just a heads up, I received my copy of Jet Set Radio Future today (though technically I cheaped out and bought the pack in version that also has Sega GT). I'm down to start whenever you guys are.

On the Zelda front, Majora's Mask is freaking amazing. I adore that game. Just sayin'. :wink:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
User avatar
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9208
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Denver CO, USA

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by RyaNtheSlayA Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Decided to finally make that list. :mrgreen:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl
Dino Crisis
Patapon -Playing-
Marathon 2: Durandal
Batman: Arkham City
Hitman 2 -Playing-
Trine
X-Com UFO Defense
Company of Heroes
Star Control II

Not going to do these in order, but I definitely want to get through all of them. Worried about being able to finish Star Control II by Fall though. I love the game but I've never gotten passed 10 hours in for whatever reason. I just fail at the game and end up losing everything.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38153
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by noiseredux Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 am

CFFJR wrote:@Noise and SpaceBooger

Just a heads up, I received my copy of Jet Set Radio Future today (though technically I cheaped out and bought the pack in version that also has Sega GT). I'm down to start whenever you guys are.


cool, I'll try to pop it in in the next couple of days then. Maybe you can figure out how to leave the main hub and actually, y'know... start playing the game.

Nice find on the GT pack. I actually wanted that one myself, but found the single game locally for cheap.

---

GTA: Vice City -- WTF? I'm stuck on this Riot chapter. I've failed it four or five times now. It's kind of a pain because when you re-start it you have to first go to the clothing shop before you can go to the mission. Anyway, I checked a walkthrough that said the easiest way to beat it is to stay in a car and just run everyone the fuck over. But when I tried that, they pulled me out of the car and beat me unmercifully. Any other hints? :?
Image
Flake
Moderator
 
Posts: 8023
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: FoCo

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by Flake Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:57 am

I think I am going to abandon the challenge for the second year in a row.

Metroid Prime 2 is just not compelling enough. The game was fine until this huge fetch quest was just dropped into my lap. It looks like it's going to be a multi-hour backtrack-athon and unlike Prime or Prime 3, this game just doesn't have the story or atmosphere to make me want to bother.

I might still make some headway on Super Paper Mario or Metroid II but it looks like I failed once again.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
AppleQueso
 

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by AppleQueso Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am

i'll probably end up abandoning the challenge too. My mind's kinda preoccupied lately...
Flake
Moderator
 
Posts: 8023
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: FoCo

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by Flake Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 am

AppleQueso wrote:i'll probably end up abandoning the challenge too. My mind's kinda preoccupied lately...


It's funny because it's just video games - the least important thing in the world. It still feels bad to quit, though.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19897
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:32 am

AppleQueso wrote:i'll probably end up abandoning the challenge too. My mind's kinda preoccupied lately...


Me too, unfortunately. I'm still only on my second game (Golden Sun) and haven't even made it out of the first dungeon. I'm just way too busy to play games (between work, school, travel, and everything else) and my interest just seems to be waning too. I'd still like to finish the games on my original list, it's just not going to happen this summer. Maybe by the end of 2012.
User avatar
CFFJR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by CFFJR Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:07 pm

noiseredux wrote:
CFFJR wrote:@Noise and SpaceBooger

Just a heads up, I received my copy of Jet Set Radio Future today (though technically I cheaped out and bought the pack in version that also has Sega GT). I'm down to start whenever you guys are.


cool, I'll try to pop it in in the next couple of days then. Maybe you can figure out how to leave the main hub and actually, y'know... start playing the game.

Nice find on the GT pack. I actually wanted that one myself, but found the single game locally for cheap.

---

GTA: Vice City -- WTF? I'm stuck on this Riot chapter. I've failed it four or five times now. It's kind of a pain because when you re-start it you have to first go to the clothing shop before you can go to the mission. Anyway, I checked a walkthrough that said the easiest way to beat it is to stay in a car and just run everyone the fuck over. But when I tried that, they pulled me out of the car and beat me unmercifully. Any other hints? :?


Well I popped it in and played for about 40 minutes. So you're stuck in the area where the tutorial was? If you skate around the outskirts of the area where the checkerboard looking floor is, you can see some openings in the buildings. It looks like its just for looks, but its actually the exit. If you move out there the camera will back off and show the name of the first area, Dogenzaka Hill, and you can leave. The exit is kinda northeast of the platform where the robot is.

Its interesting, because it seems like every area is connected in some way, and I think you can go back to the garage from any level. I'm enjoying it so far, what very little bit I've played. I love how everybody's dancing in this game. :lol:

I wish I could help you with Vice City, but its been so long since I've played it that what you're describing only sounds vaguely familiar to me. Good luck just the same.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
User avatar
Michi
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by Michi Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:15 am

Well, unlike some others on here I'm not quitting yet!


.......though at the rate I'm going I am wondering how long it'll take me to finish :lol:

Anyway, I spent another hour grinding in the cave. I made much better progress today. I kept running into better enemies. Those damn frogs are easy and give okay experience, but I've spent a fortune on Maidens Kisses. Oh, and I finally ran into my first Malboro. What a pain. I'm going to have go go buy a couple more Remedies :?
User avatar
SpaceBooger
Moderator
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:40 am
Location: The AK-Rowdy

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by SpaceBooger Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:23 am

CFFJR wrote:Well I popped it in and played for about 40 minutes. So you're stuck in the area where the tutorial was? If you skate around the outskirts of the area where the checkerboard looking floor is, you can see some openings in the buildings. It looks like its just for looks, but its actually the exit. If you move out there the camera will back off and show the name of the first area, Dogenzaka Hill, and you can leave. The exit is kinda northeast of the platform where the robot is.

Its interesting, because it seems like every area is connected in some way, and I think you can go back to the garage from any level. I'm enjoying it so far, what very little bit I've played. I love how everybody's dancing in this game. :lol:

I wish I could help you with Vice City, but its been so long since I've played it that what you're describing only sounds vaguely familiar to me. Good luck just the same.

I was also stuck there but I only played it for a couple minutes, so thanks for the advise.

I have been finding myself playing Batman Begins on the Xbox and Conan on the PS3. So as soon as I beat one of those games I'll start JSRF.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests