Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Challenge 2012 - have you started

by lisalover1 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:02 pm

dsheinem wrote:Capcom vs SNK 2 EO is done.

I don't want to say that I think the game is super-easy, but I did just 1cc through on my very first try of the game (I just selected all the mode/option defaults and let it pick random characters). It was fun, but I don't know that - at least from this quick run through - it seems as strong as some of the other Vs. games (TvC in particular is probably still my favorite).

I found the game to be incredibly easy, personally. I'm terrible at fighting games, so that's saying something. I think I played through it as Mai without losing once.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:04 pm

I have a lot of love for that game.

I think it might be because I had a gamecube though, and it was pretty much the only 2D fighter on the entire console.
NihonRobot
24-bit

by NihonRobot Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 pm

noiseredux wrote:
NihonRobot wrote:4. Indigo Prophecy

cool -- a few of us are playing Indigo Prophecy for this challenge, so let's try to keep active here on our progress and maybe help each other out if need be.

Cool, definitely! Has anyone started yet? I can make that the first one I play through so we're all in sync.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:49 pm

wow i was just playing capcom vs snk 2 on the dreamcast, ultimate rugal is a real cunt haha
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 pm

well, making some progress on Daytona USA. Finally got 1st on Beginner. Can't get 1st on the 2nd track yet. Came in 10th (out of 20) so far, haha.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 am

Did a little grinding tonight in the Sylvan Cave in Final Fantasy IV. Edge is still only at level 34 and that really bothers me :?

Everyone else seems to be where they need to be though.
klayman

by klayman Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:20 am

I've always enjoyed zelda games yet i've never actually beat any of them except...twilight princess. I know, i know...but not anymore!! I am going to redeem myself! Mostly Zelda games but a few other random games i need to beat as well, such as the first two MGS games. As for Zelda though, Majora's mask is going to be a tough one for me since the constant time limit really stresses me out, not to mention the game is...kinda creepy.

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Beaten!)
    2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    6. Metal Gear Solid
    7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
    8. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    9. Metroid Prime
    10. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)

PS: I'm definitely going to finish these games by the summer's end, but theres also a bunch of other games i'm gonna at least try and make progress in.
Last edited by klayman on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:51 am

klayman wrote:As for Zelda though, Majora's mask is going to be a tough one for me since the constant time limit really stresses me out, not to mention the game is...kinda creepy.

Inverted song of time is your friend. Also, a good tip is when you reach a dungeon and activate the owl statue near it, just re-start a 3-Day cycle so you have the maximum amount of time to play through the dungeon.

As for the creepyness... well you have one of the reasons why it's got such a cult following.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:37 am

I agree that the time-limit thing is a drag. I'm not much a fan of that in games usually either. But Majora's Mask is honestly super interesting -- partly because of the creepy. But beyond that it's also a very "mature" feeling Zelda. It's dark, and depressing. I mean if you really take in what some of those NPC's tell you, it's amazing how bleak they made that game compared to just about every other Zelda game. It's definitely a very unique entry in the series.

On the flip, I love Wind Waker. It's definitely one of my absolute favorites in the series, right up there with Link to the Past.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Speaking of time limits, I think I'll play Time Crisis on easy mode since I basically just want to play it through to experience it. Is there any difference in terms of less/different levels or endings in this mode? I think even in easy mode the credits are limited, so the challenge should be apt.
Return to General Gaming