Sega CD or 32X games which had better?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

Sega CD or 32X games which had better?

Post by dreamcast4ever83 »

I would really like to know im sad to say as being a huge sega fan i have not had the privilege to play these systems yet and am dieing to jump on in the bandwagon I here alot about sonic cd which i still have not played and lots of other.

I don't here much on the 32x so what do you guys think? Which has the best game's and which shall i invest in first.

I like to take on one project at a time of vouse ill buy anything that come my way but i mean my main concentration so im decideing if it should be sega cd model 1,2 or 32x?

I love the fact that the 32x is 32 bit cartridge from what i have heard
AppleQueso

Re: Sega CD or 32X games which had better?

Post by AppleQueso »

32x's library has a grand total of 36 games, period. I'd say maybe 4/5 of them are actually good.

Sega CD will give you a lot more bang for your buck, plus playing backups is very easy, so you have the opportunity to try a lot of stuff out before you commit to buying it.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I enjoy the Sega CD stuff more. There is just more variety.

Granted, if you are looking for things to hook up to your Genesis, both is always a good way to go too!
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Sega CD by a mile.

Sega CD has some truly fantastic games on it. 32X has a couple that are pretty good.
sgt.flanders
16-bit

Post by sgt.flanders »

Yeah, the 32x doesn't exactly have a treasure trove of good games to its name. It's more of a curiosity than anything else. If you're strictly in the business of playing games, the Sega CD is definitely the way to go.

Don't pay the ferryman.
Duane Dibbley
128-bit

Post by Duane Dibbley »

My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
cowboyscowboys
8-bit

Post by cowboyscowboys »

They both suck for my tastes but I would pick the Sega CD. For one reason alone Final Fight CD. I could literally go the rest of my life without playing any other games on either console.

Both Sonic games are disappointments (Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix).

At least the Sega CD has some shooters and critically acclaimed RPG's if your into to that.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

AppleQueso wrote:32x's library has a grand total of 36 games, period. I'd say maybe 4/5 of them are actually good.

I would say 1/5 is generous, let alone 4/5.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

The 32X is best thought of as a novelty, very few of the games are honestly worth playing.

Sega CD is by far a better choice. Although many of the great games do tend to be pretty dang 'spensive.
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

Post by arnold_the_bartender »

cowboyscowboys wrote:Both Sonic games are disappointments (Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix).

Try these games anyway on an emulator and see how you like them. I own them both. I prefer Sonic CD over Sonic 2 and Knuckles Chaotix isn't THAT bad. In regards to Sonic CD, some people praise the level of platforming complexity and challenge with the task of destroying robot generators in the past and collecting time stones. This game is more focused on platforming elements and exploration as opposed to the majority of the game involving raw speed like Sonic 2. Others have a problem with the level layout (I don't know why, it's beyond me). Knuckles Chaotix can be frustrating in getting used to the scheme but once I did, I blasted through stages coming up with unique techniques to manipulate the rubber band mechanism. It's a love/hate game amongst most. You'd have to practice around a bit in open stages.

Of course, notable Sega CD titles are Snatcher, Final Fight CD, the Lunar games, etc but they fetch a pretty penny. Silpheed is a nice on rails shooter that can be picked up for cheap. For the 32X, Virtua Fighter isn't too bad in my opinion (has widescreen support which can be toggled in the options, more novelty for ya) but you're going to find the best home port of Virtua Racing in Virtua Racing Deluxe. Get that game.

Overall, the Sega CD has more top notch titles to play. Plus, you can just burn backup copies and play them. No modchip required.
What a maneuver!

My j00tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/arnoldthebartender