Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by PartridgeSenpai Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:14 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:Marvelous: Another Treasure Island - Honestly better than any Zelda game I have replayed so far. Take the zelda approach, yet add a world that feels more charming and almost as immersive, provide variety with the choice of characters, and very minimal use of enemies, and are replaced with well done puzzles. Like a mix of a Zelda and a point-and-click adventure game. I have 2 of the orbs so far and if it stays this good then this is one of the greatest games I've ever played.

That game is fantastic~
I played through it a good few years ago at this point, but it was a really good time. Iirc, the director of the game went on to work on future Zelda games. It's a little weird for me to compare it to Zelda because of the significant shift away from combat to more point'n'click-style puzzles, but it's still one of the most applicable things I can compare it to. The 3rd island was one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy it! :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Note
32-bit

by Note Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:43 pm

I've been playing Wonder Boy in Monster World on the Genesis the past two weeks, and this game is kicking my ass. I'm enjoying it, but finding it tough. It took me multiple tries to complete each dungeon up to this point.

I'm now up to the desert and pyramid area, got all the way to the end, and right before I reached Begonia I died. Gotta do this dungeon over again too. Lol.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:27 am

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Marvelous: Another Treasure Island - Honestly better than any Zelda game I have replayed so far. Take the zelda approach, yet add a world that feels more charming and almost as immersive, provide variety with the choice of characters, and very minimal use of enemies, and are replaced with well done puzzles. Like a mix of a Zelda and a point-and-click adventure game. I have 2 of the orbs so far and if it stays this good then this is one of the greatest games I've ever played.

That game is fantastic~
I played through it a good few years ago at this point, but it was a really good time. Iirc, the director of the game went on to work on future Zelda games. It's a little weird for me to compare it to Zelda because of the significant shift away from combat to more point'n'click-style puzzles, but it's still one of the most applicable things I can compare it to. The 3rd island was one of my favorites, so I hope you enjoy it! :D

I really enjoyed this game too, although the interface is very clunky. I'd love to see it reimagined with a more modern interface and controls sometime, because I think it has potential to be a bit of a cult hit.
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

by PresidentLeever Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:13 pm

You might wanna try grinding a bit for better gear and/or exploring for hearts in Wonder Boy iMW, I don't remember it as a hard game besides the final boss, and maybe the second boss.

Started playing Shadow Man aka Soul Reaver: Voodoo Edition yesterday, for N64. It's not bad so far and seems less linear, though the lack of maps is starting to annoy me.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:27 pm

@pretentioushipster: I've been in that boat as well where you just find yourself playing like 10 games at once. What I try to do is limit myself to about 4 games at a time, one switch game, one retro game, one console game, one pc game. Any more than that it just feels like you wind up bouncing around too much and never finish anything
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:04 am

So I started up Iconoclasts (Switch) yesterday, and it is AMAZING. It’s like Gunstar Heroes and Monster World IV had a love child, and I am enjoying it tremendously so far. Has anyone else played this?
funk_Farmer
8-bit

by funk_Farmer Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 pm

My wife recently scored us a Xbox One for super cheap, $40. It came with like 5 Call of Duty games. Played a little Black Ops 4. Then I got on the store and saw Fallout: New Vegas for $8. I've been pining for that game for years and finally started playing it. Kinda funny though, I get a Xbox One and the first thing I do is play a 360 game.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:31 pm

got back into Jed: fallen order, I loved this game when I started playing it way back in december but stopped playing it because I got too busy, I have been meaning to get back into it for a long time and finally did, its just as good, if not better than I remember it. I'm really glad I finally got back into it.

I also started Mario and Rabbids Kingdom battle which is just super fun, it is the kind of game that keeps you smiling every second

Also playing some random indie switch game whos name I forget (maybe something like brotherhood united)but it is a decent run n gun
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:06 pm

Not trolling -- I'm playing Destiny.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Trolling
Return to General Gaming