What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Good choice. Very cool design!

Also, interesting thoughts on Wind Walker. I really enjoyed it, but I think all your criticisms are certainly valid. I will also be sure to check out Hyrule Warriors soon. I’ve never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, and I’ve read it’s a good place to start with those.

Finally, and if you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out the Zelda Sattelaview games. Some very dedicated fans have made those accessible, and I enjoyed them immensely when I played them last year.

@lordb0rb4

Thanks for the recommendation! I’m always looking for fun couch co-op games we can play together. She is not an experienced gamer, but occasionally, as with Her Story, a game really clicks with her.

Have you played Affordable Space Adventures? I think it remains a WiiU exclusive, but it is one of the very best couch co-op games. If you can, please give it a shot. It’s such a gem.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Good choice. Very cool design!
Finally, and if you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out the Zelda Sattelaview games. Some very dedicated fans have made those accessible, and I enjoyed them immensely when I played them last year.

I have heard of them before, but was completely unaware that it was actually available and translated. I'll definitely check it out soon! Thanks for mentioning it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

The "BS" games are easily found as reproduction carts, if you wanna own them.

And, honestly, the CD-I games aren't that bad. Their legendary awfulness is a meme. Great soundtracks too.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

marurun wrote:Ys III's soundtrack is balls-to-the-wall amazing

Are you trying to put the Ys III soundtrack in my head, maru? It's not like it's difficult. Also, you already did, just by mentioning it--.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ack

Post by Ack »

Serious question: Ys III or Lagoon soundtrack?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ys III (barely).
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I'm really enjoying Rayman 3 HD. I'm playing on Xbox One... but it's a backwards compatible 360 game... that's a 2003 PC/OG Xbox port...

I'm impressed with how well it cleaned up. Took some screenshots I'll post later.

I'm also deep into Master Chief Collection. Many hours in slayer deathmatch... man, I missed old school Halo thriving online. Loving it.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Right now I'm playing through Beyond Oasis on the Genesis Mini. I just finished up the Forest Shine and received the plant elemental, so I've made pretty good progress in the game. Always thought the graphics and gameplay were awesome in this title, but got distracted and never finished it. Hope to beat it in the next week!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Ack wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:
Link's Awakening DX - I am playing the DX remake, but apparently the only difference was the addition of colour.

Oh dude, you're missing out! To celebrate the release in color, Link's Awakening DX introduced a hidden dungeon, known as the Color Dungeon. It's completely unnecessary to beat the game but has a nice benefit for getting through it. The secret dungeon was also included in the Switch remake.

Thanks for telling me this. I just beat the colour dungeon in the DX version and my oh my what a powerup from getting this... well, choice of powerups. I wouldn't call this one of the best zeldas if my memory serves my right of the other entries, but this is still fantastic.

My partner's anniversary gift to me, the retrotink, should finally come in this friday. The anniversary already happened almost a week ago but that's fine. I'll definitely go back to the retro console games, and maybe finally play Silent Hill 2.