Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Bradtemple87 Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:39 am

noiseredux wrote:
Bradtemple87 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I haven't mentioned it before, but I've been playing Lumines pretty much every night before I fall asleep. I can go about 24 mins now.

Keep practicing, I got to 1 million on the first game where the boards just randomly stopped, and 1.5 million on the second game where the boards once again just randomly stopped, both expert class level. My save file for the second game has over 75 hours :P

that's amazing dude. Do you play it so the skins keep changing, or just play one skin? I feel like one of the skins I got to threw me off big time. It was little red and white balls rather than blocks. For some reason the colors/shapes just fucked me up.

I play the regular mode that goes through all the skins available. I play for so long at that point that the skins start over actually. I still think the game just ends randomly because on both those scores I mentioned, I was nowhere close to dead :?:

Why I have not recorded scores for both games and gotten my name on the Twin Galaxies site yet is just being lazy perhaps. My score is triple what the current score I last saw on there was.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

by AmishSamurai Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:32 pm

decided to actually try and clear some of my Steam backlog. Right now I'm juggling HOARD- which can only really be played in short bursts and has no persistent campaign anyways, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- loads of fun but I'm stuck in a place with no medpacks and Bastila, my one healer, is unable to help me, Magicka- ridiculous but fun, and Torchlight- which is a blast (I never played the Diablo games, so while it is a diablo-clone, I'm still having fun).
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
swiftzx
Next-Gen

by swiftzx Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:46 pm

DinnerX wrote:Right now I'm playing some N64 games, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, PD, Pokemon Snap, and F-Zero X. Such a great system.

Agreed.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Lazer
64-bit

by Lazer Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:13 pm

I am about 8 hours into Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon and I'm loving it! The post-apocalypse atmosphere is creepy and beautiful. The item/weapon management can be annoying, but it's bearable. After this I'm going to play Rune Factory: Frontier.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
eskil
32-bit

by eskil Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm playing Super Aleste and Aero Fighters on the SNES. Trying to get into shmups. These things are hard, and very frustrating, but intriguing nonetheless.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

by KillerJuan77 Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:56 pm

More SH: Shattered Memories, people, get this game, it's fantastic. Also, the psychological aspect of the game is PERFECT.

Lazer wrote:I am about 8 hours into Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon and I'm loving it! The post-apocalypse atmosphere is creepy and beautiful. The item/weapon management can be annoying, but it's bearable. After this I'm going to play Rune Factory: Frontier.

I need to get that game before it becomes rare, plus I'm a big fan of the art-style and post-apocalyptic fiction.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Bradtemple87 wrote:
I play the regular mode that goes through all the skins available. I play for so long at that point that the skins start over actually. I still think the game just ends randomly because on both those scores I mentioned, I was nowhere close to dead :?:

Why I have not recorded scores for both games and gotten my name on the Twin Galaxies site yet is just being lazy perhaps. My score is triple what the current score I last saw on there was.

mother of fuck -- there was a PS3 version?????? I just discovered that. I'm downloading Supernova now.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 pm

noiseredux wrote:I'm downloading Supernova now.

It's supremely awesome, seriously. Enjoy the hell out of it. It is the best Lumines game.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 pm

brunoafh wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I'm downloading Supernova now.

It's supremely awesome, seriously. Enjoy the hell out of it. It is the best Lumines game.

that's awesome. I already have Plus for PS2, but yeah this sounded must-own to me. Is II worth it? II sounds a lot like the first game with little else other than new music.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:47 pm

II was worth it when it came out (providing you really like Lumines), but Supernova is so awesome that it kind of destroys all versions. You're probably going to be surprised by the number of features and amount of content.
Return to General Gaming