Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Gamerforlife Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:51 am

I'm working my way through stage 2 of Alice. There's a cool 2d sidescrolling shoot em up section I played through. I'm also encountering challenge rooms. One of them was a simple question and answer with Chesire Cat and another was a survival mode. I get the sense that the point of these rooms is to increase my health bar. The enemies are getting more interesting and combat is starting to feel Zelda-ish. I actually acquired a heavy weapon and it looks like their may be a slot for a fourth weapon. I read some reviews that say the game is just gun and knife like the original. That's bull

Also, finding all the collectibles is starting to get more challenging and interesting. The game is polished. It has generous checkpoints and also allows you to keep track of how many collectibles you have found and how many are left in each area. Also, the game's "shrink" mode works as a built in hint system if you want to use it. It's also kind of funny. If you turn it on near a combat area you'll see a scribbling on the wall of Alice, hands in the air surrounded by some dead badguys. It looks like something a kid drew lol

I don't get the hate for this game, it's actually pretty good. Is it because its design feels kind of retro? Does that sort of thing only work on digital download services now?
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:08 am

Gamerforlife wrote: Is it because its design feels kind of retro? Does that sort of thing only work on digital download services now?

I certainly hope not that's not the case, but we all know what makes the big money nowadays.

I'm glad you're enjoying it anyway.

I'll have to pick it up one of these days. I remember being interested in the original back in the day but unable to play it since it was pc only.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

by KillerJuan77 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 am

I just started playing Metroid: Other M, I'm liking it a lot but I can't see what's so terrible about the plot so far (I'm at Sector 1), they gave a mute character a heart, what's so bad about that? :?
yomomma1
128-bit

by yomomma1 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:59 am

KillerJuan77 wrote:I just started playing Metroid: Other M, I'm liking it a lot but I can't see what's so terrible about the plot so far (I'm at Sector 1), they gave a mute character a heart, what's so bad about that? :?

The way other M was handled, they managed to make a silent character even more emotionless. I was optimistic when I played it, and after 1 cut scene I snapped the disc in fucking half.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

by KillerJuan77 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 am

yomomma1 wrote:The way other M was handled, they managed to make a silent character even more emotionless. I was optimistic when I played it, and after 1 cut scene I snapped the disc in fucking half.

I've seen much worse, honestly I feel like Captain Shepard from Mass Effects is an emotionless drone, he always speaks with the same tone of voice for everything (He even sounds bored while seducing a woman :lol: )
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:36 am

yomomma1 wrote:The way other M was handled, they managed to make a silent character even more emotionless. I was optimistic when I played it, and after 1 cut scene I snapped the disc in fucking half.

Seriously?

That must have been quite a cutscene.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

by KillerJuan77 Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:59 pm

I've been playing Crysis 2 on DX11. Well, I think we got a new benchmark.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

by AznKhmerBoi Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm

chrono trigger ds, so far so good. :mrgreen:
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

by KillerJuan77 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:40 pm

AznKhmerBoi wrote:chrono trigger ds, so far so good. :mrgreen:

I own it and I really want to play it but my ex-maid stole my DS Lite :(
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

by FerretGamer Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Playing Mario Tennis for the Gameboy Color on the GBA SP. I picked up this gem of a game for a measly $2.50 and it is quite awesome. I love the Tennis RPG gameplay.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Return to General Gaming