What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pook99
128-bit

Re: What are you playing?

Post by pook99 »

playing iron man on wii, pretty fun mindless 3rd person shooter that follows the plot of the original movie complete with all of the voice actors from the movie.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I streamed two and a half hours of Shenmue 3 this morning, and while I went in thinking at most it'd be worth a giggle, I was a bit taken in by it, so I just kept playing once the stream was over (it was way too boring for more than one stream ^^;).
I'm not sure I'd say I'm loving it, but I'm enjoying the dopamine loop of progression at the very least. It's a very odd feeling of both enjoying something but also being unable to really recommend it at all. I think I'm just really in the mood for a game with this quiet, repetitive gameplay loop and fairly subdued story.
I think I'm nearing the climax of the first area, as far as story goes (I just met Sun for the first time and he answered my two questions). I already have enough yuan just from collecting herbs to be able to afford the super expensive wine, so I won't need to waste any time gambling until I'm blue in the face Xp

And while I'm certainly far from the first one to criticize the English voice acting of Shenmue 3, I honestly don't think the Japanese VA is that stellar either. The gameplay is repetitive, the story is poorly localized and not terribly well paced, and the combat is just a mess. But despite all that, I'm still enjoying it, so that certainly says something about the whole thing being more than the sum of its parts for me, I suppose.

It may've taken a good few months to get to it, but at last I'm playing (and enjoying) Shenmue 3, the gift to me from our very own Pierrot~
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

I have only done the little Prologue, but so far, it feels exactly like KOTOR1, which is fantastic because I loved that game.

I know that they have made a few tweaks and the game isn't exactly finished when it was released, so I have lowered some of my expectations for it. But, so far, I am cautiously optimistic.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:It may've taken a good few months to get to it, but at last I'm playing (and enjoying) Shenmue 3, the gift to me from our very own Pierrot~

Glad to hear you started playing through Shenmue 3 and are enjoying it so far. Since I finished Shenmue 2 in the beginning of the year, I'd like to check it out as well. I'll prolly give it a go next year.

Markies wrote:I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

What platform are you playing it on Markies? Just curious, as I've always wanted to try KOTOR, but I don't have an original Xbox -- thinking of maybe picking up the game and trying to play it on my 360 with the backwards compatibility feature.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Note wrote:
Markies wrote:I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

What platform are you playing it on Markies? Just curious, as I've always wanted to try KOTOR, but I don't have an original Xbox -- thinking of maybe picking up the game and trying to play it on my 360 with the backwards compatibility feature.

The original XBOX.

I'm playing concurrently with a friend of mine who is playing the Steam/PC, so that is another version for you to play.

I don't know anything about 360 Backwards Compatibility, but it appears like it would work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Markies wrote:The original XBOX.

I'm playing concurrently with a friend of mine who is playing the Steam/PC, so that is another version for you to play.

I don't know anything about 360 Backwards Compatibility, but it appears like it would work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Thanks for the tip about the Steam version and the link to the compatibility list. I have a Mac but I'm in luck here, as there is actually a Mac compatible version offered.

Later in the year I might try to get a physical copy to play on the 360, but if there's compatibility issues I can always try the Steam version instead.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Beat Valis II last night. I'd like to get through the other console titles. Except the Famicom game, which is stunningly bad. Will probably hit up part III soon.

I like platformers.
Ack

Post by Ack »

The Valis series is a weird little hidden gem.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ack wrote:The Valis series is a weird little hidden gem.

There was this REALLY short span of a few years it wasn't hidden at all, and then *poof*, it just disappeared from most people's radar.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Valis games are fun but all are a bit janky and could have used some refinement.

Exile was Telenet's best game.