What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Slowly progressing more and I absolutely love the difficulty progression of the dungeons. Death Mountain was a bit too difficult for something so early on however. They have a simple yet effective system of how enemies get stronger with colours, and the few bosses I've encountered so far are all memorable. It's quite easy to pick up too, the combat system of it. You just need patience, precision, and timing. With all the spells you get it even seems quite forgiving as mistakes during the combat are commonplace, at least for me.

Honestly, if it continues being this good, I can see this being a top 5 Zelda game, at least thus far. I still gotta replay majora's mask and breath of the wild and I assume those have a chance of making it there too, but it's certainly not NEARLY as bad as most Zelda fans say.
pilgrimteeth
8-bit

Post by pilgrimteeth »

At the moment, a fair bit of Valorant and Spider-Man: Miles Morales when I need a break.

A few things I'm determined to play but neglecting: Hitman 3, Front Mission: Gun Hazard, Resident Evil: Biohazard
Tiduas
16-bit

Post by Tiduas »

I finally jumped on the Hades train and boy is it a fun game! It does of course vary a bit from run to run how fun that run is gonna be, but most of the times I'm having a blast.

At first I didn't think much about the conversations between the characters but they have grown on me and now I'm looking forward to them more and more. So far my favorite weapons are the shield or the spear, I guess this will vary a lot depending on which weapons I invent upgrades into at first though.
My YouTube channel with a focus on mainly retro and indie titles:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

In the hidden palace now in Zelda 2, but man the game is just sadistic at this point lol.

If my partner is up to it I should beat Four Swords on Sunday, and I'll try to beat Four Swords Adventures in the next week or two. Both games are decent, at least the latter, but I find that they are too much of a force gem/rupee collectathon. After that I'll go back to Triforce Heroes, but multiplayer only because singleplayer was one of the worst experiences of gaming for me. Unfortunately I won't have a way to record its footage this time.

So far I'd say the weakest "major" zelda title is Skyward Sword, but I've yet to play Spirit Tracks which I think you guys said sucks too.

I'd say my ranking is almost done. I don't think these titles can be in my top 10, except Zelda 2 which is definitely making it. I still have Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild to replay which are maybe top 10 potential, or maybe top 5. Although I am a fanboy of Hyrule Warriors so I imagine that and Age of Calamity might make it too.

This is exactly what I have left:

HANDHELD

Spirit Tracks
Four Swords (Playing)
Tri-Force Heroes (Playing)

SD

Majora's Mask
Four Swords Adventures (Playing)
Zelda 2 Adventure of Link (Playing)

HD

Breath of the Wild 40 hours

SPINOFF

Hyrule Warriors
Zelda Wand of Gamelon
Legend of Zelda Game and Watch
Age of Calamity

REMAKES

Ocarina of Time
Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Majora's Mask

I also have the following left to buy for my video:

Spirit Tracks
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Minish Cap
Age of Calamity
Ancient Stone Tablets
Hyrule Warriors Switch

Starting my script now and I realized that my Zelda ranked video will be at least 6 hours :shock:
pilgrimteeth
8-bit

Post by pilgrimteeth »

Just picked up a batch of original Xbox games, think I may dive into some Max Payne!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I kept seeing reviews, from the few youtubers i watch, of atomic robo kid on the genesis. It looked cool and wasn't that expensive, so I picked up the plodding shooter. After a few playthroughs, not a bad game at all, pretty fun. What I don't like is you sometimes might have to backtrack to escape fire or reposition yourself and you get respawning enemies from the backside so now you got crap coming at you in both directions. I mean really, I only moved back 2 inches lol. The soundtrack is also a little uninspiring but overall not a bad cheap gem. I'll definitely get into this more.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Going through the Myst series, including replaying the first game, for a long-term video project of mine. I am enjoying Myst more on a second playthrough. The feeling isolation the island gives is phenomenal, it's accessible for beginners (the clocktower puzzle made me feel like an idiot though), and it provides an interesting background in the two characters trapped, even if it is quite surface level. I honestly don't mind going through each age twice because you can only grab one page at a time, but the last spaceship age that had the maze that takes like 15 minutes to go through is inexcusable. The age itself was big enough without that maze.

Riven provides some of the best escapism I've ever seen. Just exploring its world was more than enough to make this an awesome. My jaw dropped at how cool the minecart traveling segment was, and it's interesting to see some life in the island. That being said, the puzzles are WAY too difficult. I googled it and I don't think anyone was able to solve the marble puzzle on their own.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Riven probably has the most complicated puzzles of the series. Myst III feels like the easiest game to me, so when you get there, it's gonna be a much more relaxed experience. Myst 4 is...up and down. Some of its great, and some of it involves monkey creatures...

I need to get around to the rest of the series. It's on my to play list.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

KING’S FIELD

These games need remakes desperately. They’re atmospheric and fun, but the control scheme and turning speed are painful.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I couldn't get past the slow speed of King's Field.
I'm sure it was the shhhtuff back then but dang... not today.