What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Nintendork666 »

Put in 3 hours of Borderlands 2 last night w/ a buddy of mine.

I had never actually had any exposure to the series before, or any "shlooter" game outside of Warframe.

I fell in love. The writing is a bit dated and hacky but hey, the gameplay is top-tier. SO many cool guns too. Wtf I couldn't even store 'em all properly.

Why can't the backpack be bigger? Do I not get a larger storage unit?

Pffftt
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
Ack

Post by Ack »

You will get more slots soon. And once you have enough money and go need some levels, you'll stop grabbing up things like white gear. Which character did you decide to play as, and do you have access to the expansions?
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

I picked the Psycho character, I liked the cut of his jib... and his hatchet.

What I got was the GOTY edition, so it included a decent amount of DLC but not everything. WIll probably scoop up the rest if its cheap enough during a Steam sale.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

(starting to think I should have been posting this stuff in the RPG progress thread, but oh well...)

Spent some time in waiting rooms yesterday, so worked on FF4 s'more. I meticulously went thru Zod Tower. I decided to maximize grindage, I'd do a floor, leave, heal up/buy potions, save, go do the next floor, rinse & repeat. By the time I got to the three sisters, they were a breeze. My main mage is gone now (I'm bad with names... begins with a T...), which is a bummer because I'd have unequipped his armor first haha. But now I've got Rosa and Kain back which is awesome. The next boss was that serpenty looking one that uses tornadoes and lightning. It was a little bit of a tough battle in that it required a bit of strategic thinking, but I ended it pretty quickly.

I still love this game. Hard.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

If i play borderlands 2 without my friend, is that gonna screw up our progress together? Am I a rat bastard? Should I ask him if it's cool first? Like he can always join right where I'm at but will he not be able to do those missions after?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Alright so a lot of stuff has happened in FF4. I'm 16 hrs in now. Cecil is lvl 35 now if I recall. We visited a small island town and looked at the moon from an observatory. This game just oozes charm. Anyway, we opened up the underworld and made friends with dwarves. Took on a couple of bosses. Rydia came back and now she's got black magic and better summons. Next up, we're off to try to snatch seven crystals from the enemies' keep. This game rules. I'm pretty sure it's now my favorite Final Fantasy game that I've ever played.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux wrote:This game rules.

Yes, yes it does.

Reminds me, I need to return to that game someday, in some format. I've actually never played through the Americanized Final Fantasy II.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

speaking of FF2, the REAL one is probably my least favorite Final Fantasy game.

I've not played the entire mainline series, but I've played the majority of them over the years.

Y'know what's a FF game that I actually thought was really fun and think gets slept on? Mystic Quest (the US game). Even if it is a cakewalk babby's first RPG, I still think it's really cute and charming and fun. I secretly wish that that game would get re-released.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think FFIV is my fave FF game as well. I think FFVI is overrated and stretches out too long, whereas FFIV packs just the right amount of character and complexity into the right amount of game.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oh, I think Final Fantasy VI crushes all others. IV laid the framework. VI took the concept and ran with it, and ended up crafting a much more interesting game world (with much more endearing characters). Both games are good though. As is Mystic Quest.