What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

So, I got Haunted Castle on the Switch. As in, the arcade entry of the Castlevania series.

BIG spoilers:
It sucks ass.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So, I got Haunted Castle on the Switch. As in, the arcade entry of the Castlevania series.

BIG spoilers:
It sucks ass.

Nice.

Nice.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

@noiseredux: Super C is awesome and its a shame that most people missed out on it because of its idiotic name choice. It is difficult, many say that its harder than the original, I'm not sure if its because it is lesser known, because there is only a 10 life code vs a 30 life code, or if it is just legit harder than the original. I'm kind of blind to the difficulty since I have played through it so many times.

If you want some good run n guns that are slightly more forgiving but still difficult check out blazing chrome or valfaris, both tough games but have the luxuries of modern conveniences such as unlimited continues and frequent checkpoints.

@Bonesnap: hilarious, I played haunted castle on MAME one time for about 3 minutes and that was enough to make me never want to play it again. The fact that it is associated with castlevania just makes me sad.
Ack

Post by Ack »

After wrapping up Miasmata, I installed Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. It reminds me of what I enjoyed about the first CoJ when I played it a decade ago. I wish we had a few more Westerns as FPS. Games like 3/4 of the CoJ series, Outlaws, and stuff like A Fistful of Frags just aren't enough to scratch the itch!
Ack

Post by Ack »

And with Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood done, I decided to dabble in the game Heat Signature, as it was described to me as a more in depth version of Hotline Miami in space. I have only played a little bit, but what I did experience was fun, particularly when I used a pistol to shoot out a window and suck an assassination target out into space.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Ack wrote:And with Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood done, I decided to dabble in the game Heat Signature, as it was described to me as a more in depth version of Hotline Miami in space. I have only played a little bit, but what I did experience was fun, particularly when I used a pistol to shoot out a window and suck an assassination target out into space.

Oooo, I've had Heat Signature for a while but actually forgot what it was :lol:
I think you may've just convinced me to make it my next game after I finish Circle of the Moon though ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ack

Post by Ack »

If you enjoyed Hotline Miami's gameplay and are cool with randomly generated level design, then yes, you'll probably enjoy Heat Signature. Also, I recommend checking out Gunpoint some time. It's the dev's previous game.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Ack wrote:If you enjoyed Hotline Miami's gameplay and are cool with randomly generated level design, then yes, you'll probably enjoy Heat Signature. Also, I recommend checking out Gunpoint some time. It's the dev's previous game.

I absolutely LOVED Gunpoint! Heat Signature is definitely next on my PC games to play list 8)

Thank you so much for the recommendation, Ack :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Managed to squeeze in a little Weeb Souls Code Vein between FFXI stuff, which seems decent so far.
Ack

Post by Ack »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
Ack wrote:If you enjoyed Hotline Miami's gameplay and are cool with randomly generated level design, then yes, you'll probably enjoy Heat Signature. Also, I recommend checking out Gunpoint some time. It's the dev's previous game.

I absolutely LOVED Gunpoint! Heat Signature is definitely next on my PC games to play list 8)

Thank you so much for the recommendation, Ack :D

Happy to help!