Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:18 pm

Polygons of the world, unite!
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:06 pm

I’m thinking about picking up more of the import psone classics available on PSN. (I already have a few of them, like Cho-Aniki, Vib Ribbon, etc.) These games look interesting to me:

Finger Flashing
The Firemen 2
GaiaSeed
Galaxy Fight
Hyper Crazy Climber
Lucifer Ring
Lup Salad
Makeruna! Makendo 2
Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty
Sonic Wings Special
Wolf Fang

Any of these I should definitely get? Any I should definitely avoid?
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:16 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Finger Flashing
The Firemen 2
GaiaSeed
Galaxy Fight
Hyper Crazy Climber
Lucifer Ring
Lup Salad
Makeruna! Makendo 2
Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty
Sonic Wings Special
Wolf Fang

I don't really know much about a few of these, but GaiaSeed is pretty not worth anyone's time, in my opinion (which is fitting since the physical version costs maybe half of an arm and a leg). Galaxy Fight is kind of an interesting fighting game in that Sunsoft line of Galaxy Fight, Waku Waku 7, and Astra Superstars. I didn't even realize it was on the PS1. The presentation is better than Waku Waku 7, on the Saturn at least, but aside from infinitely looping stages, and the theme, it doesn't stand out particularly well from the pack. Sonic Wings Special is always a good time, on the Saturn, anyway. I really don't know how the PS1 version stacks up, but I'd assume it's pretty comparable. If you're used to the Sonic Wings on SNES, though, be prepared to have your face ripped off much earlier in Special.

Makeruna! Makendo 2? On the PS1? Are you sure it's the second one? 'Cause that one should be a fighting game on the Super Famicom. Is it a port of that?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:14 pm

I love Wolf Fang, it was brought to arcades here as Rohga: Armor Force though the mission briefings were removed as was the alternate paths, instead they just strung all the levels together into one overly-long game. It's a really cool mecha shmup with some neat features like customizing your robot and Wolf Fang is probably the better way to play it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Just don't do what I do, prfsnl_gmr, which is to download rare/import games and then decide you want physical versions instead.

In any event -- can't go wrong with a Sonic Wings game.

(Do you already have Money Idol Exchanger? That's a good one.)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Wild Fang is definitely on the list, then. More interested in Gaiaseed after learning the physical version is so expensive. :lol: I figured Money Idol Exchanger was some weird waifu game, but apparently, it’s a Neo Geo puzzler. It’s on the list too.

Also, Makeruna! is the enhanced PS1 port of a Super Famicom game. It’s the sequel to Kendo Rage, apparently.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:28 pm

lol what the hell kind of choices are these
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Playing Paper Mario TTYD and I really enjoy it, but I gotta say, the platforming sections just annoy me. And the air plane ones too. Took me ten minutes to get the Yoshi egg, I don't know why I'm so bad at it.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Wait until you get to the fetch quests at the end....they really take the wind out of your sails...Great game otherwise.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:56 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Wait until you get to the fetch quests at the end....they really take the wind out of your sails...Great game otherwise.

I'm right at the end (I think). I'm on the moon base, and I literally just sighed and put down the controller because there was a combined platforming/airplane section. Just ugh. I've really enjoyed the rest of the game, especially the writing, but I'm definitely ready to beat it and move on to Wario Land. I've started emulating gamecube games on my comp so I've had a lot of stuff to play, and it's so nice being able to play so many games again. Really helped me get back into gaming.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Return to General Gaming