Podcast Questions for You, Podcast Questions for Us!

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
SpaceBooger

Re: Podcast Mailbag

Post by SpaceBooger »

noiseredux wrote:ask a tough one: What does is the Racketcast missing that this new host could remedy?

No more " :roll: " type of hosts :lol:
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Ack

Post by Ack »

When considering the medium of video games, do the potential co-hosts believe that games are a potential method for conveying self-expression, or is the medium too heavily dominated by corporate entities to allow such artistic exercises? Can a corporation make a game deemed worthy of being called a work of art, and if so, what are some examples and why?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

What could be done to make Racketboy a better place - be it articles, forums, users, etc?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

you have about an hour to get any new questions in for the new show - we record tonight!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Somewhat a generic question:

It would be interesting to know what Dave's favorite episode he has recorded thus far. This doesn't have to be Dave's favorite episode to listen to, rather which episode was his favorite to record.

For Racketeers:

Do any members have a favorite installment of the podcast that they listen to over and over?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Too late for questions for next time?

Q1: What do you think about Kickstarter being used to fund gaming titles? Do you think it can be an accurate guage of interest?

Q2: Kind of an age old question "emulation vs. original hardware"? Is it still a valid argument when the "emulation" is a modern console via PSN, XBLA, or Wii instead of a ROM dump?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Need new questions!

Post here or tweet to @racketboypodcst :)
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Q: Do you always choose your gender to match your own, when playing a game that lets you choose? I've heard many times that the voice actor for the female vesion of Shepard, Jennfier Hale, is regarded as the better of the two. I recently tried to play Mass Effect 2 with this in mind and found that the story did not engage me at all and I feel that it was because I had chosen a female lead. I am now playing with the male and am much more compelled to play.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Nice, thanks stark. Need more questions.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Q: Can a handheld game be immersive? With the popularity of home theaters with digital surround sound and a massive display, is that what is required to have an immersive gameplay experience?