Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast Questions for You, Podcast Questions for Us!

by dsheinem Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 am

Jmustang1968 wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:When is the deadline for questions for the next recording?

We recorded ep 51 last thursday. The next one will be a week from this thursday, but not sure if it will be a feedback response type of episode... so you have a bit of time.

51 is being finalized now...53 might be the next chance.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 am

I finally made it through listening to every single podcast I haven't listened to yet. That was a good two weeks or so of listening to them nonstop at work!

I do have a couple of silly questions:

Which one of you two keeps typing and clicking your mouse? I keep just hearing TAPTAPTAP... CLICKACLICKA kinda faintly in the background during the shows.

At the end of every podcast, Dave ends with some music to put us in "the mood." Exactly what "mood" are we supposed to be put into? :P
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

AppleQueso wrote:I finally made it through listening to every single podcast I haven't listened to yet. That was a good two weeks or so of listening to them nonstop at work!

Which one of you two keeps typing and clicking your mouse? I keep just hearing TAPTAPTAP... CLICKACLICKA kinda faintly in the background during the shows.

At the end of every podcast, Dave ends with some music to put us in "the mood." Exactly what "mood" are we supposed to be put into? :P

I believe it is both of us with the mouse clicks.

To get you in the mood for gaming. Sometimes when I hear music from certain games, it makes me want to play them. :o
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 am

Jmustang1968 wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I finally made it through listening to every single podcast I haven't listened to yet. That was a good two weeks or so of listening to them nonstop at work!

I believe it is both of us with the mouse clicks.

To get you in the mood for gaming. Sometimes when I hear music from certain games, it makes me want to play them. :o

But I can't play games at work !

They're only supposed to be silly questions anyway. The answers are pretty obvious I suppose.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 am

Was debating whether I should ask this in the comment for the last podcast or just ask it here. I guess it doesn't really matter...

What are some of your favorite games with a western setting? While it's not a particularly common setting for games, it's popped up from time to time in various genres, so I'm sure you guys have played a few you've liked. Personally, I'm a fan of Sunset Riders; an awesome run-n-gun from Konami that sadly never got any kind of follow up or sequel. It has really great music too!
Ack

by Ack Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 am

AppleQueso wrote:Was debating whether I should ask this in the comment for the last podcast or just ask it here. I guess it doesn't really matter...

What are some of your favorite games with a western setting? While it's not a particularly common setting for games, it's popped up from time to time in various genres, so I'm sure you guys have played a few you've liked. Personally, I'm a fan of Sunset Riders; an awesome run-n-gun from Konami that sadly never got any kind of follow up or sequel. It has really great music too!

I was thinking about this yesterday after watching the UK trailer for the next Call of Juarez game. We need more cowboy games!
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed May 01, 2013 7:01 am

John and I are recording tonight: anything you want to ask us or have us talk about?
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 am

dsheinem wrote:John and I are recording tonight: anything you want to ask us or have us talk about?

^See above. :P
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 am

Do you think there are any games coming out today that you have to be from a younger generation to "get?" I was thinking about this the other day when the thread popped up about "40 games critics should play," which is somewhat the reverse (ie. Some younger gamers will have trouble getting games that are leveraging gaming history/nostalgia.)

There are obvious ones like properties based on cartoon series adults wouldn't care about. Anyway it got me thinking about if there are certain games that haven't done well with the older gamer and if it was due to a generational thing.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ack

by Ack Wed May 01, 2013 3:12 pm

dsheinem wrote:John and I are recording tonight: anything you want to ask us or have us talk about?

Talk more about cowboy games! Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption, the Call of Juarez series, Sunset Riders, Wild Arms, Gun, Tin Star, Outlaws, Darkwatch, Gun Fight, Alone in the Dark 3, Cowboy Kid, Custer's Revenge, The Lone Ranger, Samurai Western, Mad Dog McCree! Why is this era of American history that garnered massive attention during the first fifty years of American popular cinema so largely neglected by an industry that would seem to enjoy its pioneering aspects, the action and adventure, the tales of ferocious gunplay, self-reliance, and American mythology?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Return to Podcast