Megaman 9 presskit!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: Megaman 9 presskit!

Post by D.D.D. »

molotovwars wrote:heh, I ordered two. One to my home address then before they sold out I was able to get in another order to send one to my school address. One to keep one to sell, w00t.

You are indeed a piece of camel shit. :x
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Haruspex
16-bit

Post by Haruspex »

Sorry for my ignorance but is this a real NES cartridge? And what is up with that CD?
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

Your second comment can be used to answer your first question... the NES cartridge is actually a case for the CD inside. Capcom stated that it would be too expensive to actually produce a working NES version.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I thought I recalled licensing issues, which made sense in my mind, as Nintendo is still actively in the console business. For a run of 200, I can't see it being really that expensive from a manufacturing standpoint, and hey, they're doing manufacturing of new Genesis game packs these days. The difference is that Sega doesn't make consoles anymore.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

Thanks for pointing that out; I should have been more specific and referenced the licensing issues. They could always just gut copies of old NES games if they really needed more cartridges for anything; I've heard of Atari 2600 homebrew projects that have done this.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
mrtie
16-bit

Post by mrtie »

RackGaki wrote:Thanks for pointing that out; I should have been more specific and referenced the licensing issues. They could always just gut copies of old NES games if they really needed more cartridges for anything; I've heard of Atari 2600 homebrew projects that have done this.

This is exactly what they did, a few adventurous members of capcom-unity actually opened their copies, and the nes cart is a vintage piece with color fade and the back sticker had a small rip in it. Also for everyone that ordered I have good news if you are still in the back order limbo.

"On 10/14/2008 you posed a question to CAPCOM Customer Support which was noted as inquiry XXXX.Response:

Hello XXX,

Yes the Mega Man 9 press kits are on backorder but we are in the process of making enough to fill all orders that were placed.

CAPCOM Customer Support"
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Huzzah! I shall have an uber box to go with the uber shirt that is also on backorder.

Thanks for pointing that out; I should have been more specific and referenced the licensing issues. They could always just gut copies of old NES games if they really needed more cartridges for anything; I've heard of Atari 2600 homebrew projects that have done this.

I think it's not just the cart cases, but also the circuit boards and the chips (most likely the chips) that they need to produce/license.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
denpanosekai
8-bit

Post by denpanosekai »

mrtie wrote:
RackGaki wrote:Thanks for pointing that out; I should have been more specific and referenced the licensing issues. They could always just gut copies of old NES games if they really needed more cartridges for anything; I've heard of Atari 2600 homebrew projects that have done this.

This is exactly what they did, a few adventurous members of capcom-unity actually opened their copies, and the nes cart is a vintage piece with color fade and the back sticker had a small rip in it. Also for everyone that ordered I have good news if you are still in the back order limbo.

"On 10/14/2008 you posed a question to CAPCOM Customer Support which was noted as inquiry XXXX.Response:

Hello XXX,

Yes the Mega Man 9 press kits are on backorder but we are in the process of making enough to fill all orders that were placed.

CAPCOM Customer Support"

Thanks for that! I placed an order w/ a shirt on October 1st (I was among those lucky enough to get an advance code -- for no reason!!!) and my items have been backordered since.