Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
dsnell99

Re: Turbografx 16 mini announced by konami!

by dsnell99 Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Actually, looks like this got posted over the weekend. Cool!

https://youtu.be/gqXHppXIG60

And i think they have similar videos for the other two regions.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:41 pm

dsnell99 wrote:Actually, looks like this got posted over the weekend. Cool!

Just watched this video. They had a narrator describe every game individually. The poor copy writer had to write dozens of different ways to describe a shoot 'em up game. :wink: And that poor narrator had to tell us that Y's Book I & II are the combination of Y's Book I and Y's Book II. :lol: Later the same narrator had to tell us that Y's I * II is the Japanese version of Y's Book I & II. Super Cringey!

Anyway, I'm hyped. This seems to confirm that we will be able to access the Japanese games, but without english language support. So we will all get the pleasure of randomly selecting items in Snatcher hoping we get to see something cool. How far will we get before we just download a walkthrough? :wink:
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Yeah, I watched the Japanese trailer, and when it got to the TG-16 games, the narrator was talking about how, 'The US version of Dungeon Explorer was included in response to those players who wanted to see the game in its English form,' and I was thinking, 'Who! Who are these players? I don't believe you!'

Anyway, watching it made me really want to break out the PC Engine and play some Nectaris, or something.
dsnell99

by dsnell99 Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:36 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:
dsnell99 wrote:Actually, looks like this got posted over the weekend. Cool!

Just watched this video. They had a narrator describe every game individually. The poor copy writer had to write dozens of different ways to describe a shoot 'em up game. :wink: And that poor narrator had to tell us that Y's Book I & II are the combination of Y's Book I and Y's Book II. :lol: Later the same narrator had to tell us that Y's I * II is the Japanese version of Y's Book I & II. Super Cringey!

Anyway, I'm hyped. This seems to confirm that we will be able to access the Japanese games, but without english language support. So we will all get the pleasure of randomly selecting items in Snatcher hoping we get to see something cool. How far will we get before we just download a walkthrough? :wink:

:lol:

Also can use google translate thing on your phone... That should get some good engrish transrations for a bit...
Phades
64-bit

by Phades Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 am

I’m pretty excited about this. I think I may have to grab the pc engine version though.
XBL: Phades
PSN: Phades
Steam: Phades
Return to Old-School Gaming News