Page 20 of 22

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:56 pm
by bmoc
Registration for the Polymega beta test is live. You must have a preorder confirmation number to submit an application. https://www.polymega.com/2020/01/21/beta-test/

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:39 am
by samsonlonghair
bmoc wrote:Registration for the Polymega beta test is live. You must have a preorder confirmation number to submit an application. https://www.polymega.com/2020/01/21/beta-test/

That's cool. If you get picked, let us know how it turns out. I'd value the opinion of a forum member over a press release any day.

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:10 am
by bmoc
samsonlonghair wrote:That's cool. If you get picked, let us know how it turns out. I'd value the opinion of a forum member over a press release any day.

Will do! I'm not holding my breath as there are lots of people out there with bigger collections than mine. Maybe I will get lucky though.

Incidentally, I couldn't help but notice on the application that they wanted to know if folks have Nintendo 64 games to test with. I wonder what that could mean...?

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:48 pm
by samsonlonghair
bmoc wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:That's cool. If you get picked, let us know how it turns out. I'd value the opinion of a forum member over a press release any day.

Will do! I'm not holding my breath as there are lots of people out there with bigger collections than mine. Maybe I will get lucky though.

Incidentally, I couldn't help but notice on the application that they wanted to know if folks have Nintendo 64 games to test with. I wonder what that could mean...?

I wouldn't read too much into it. They don't mention N64 on the homepage. Someone at Polymega might have N64 on his mind for some day in the future, but I wouldn't expect they have an N64 module ready to test.

They've already bitten off a little more than they can chew. They don't need to make their product even MORE ambitios. :wink:

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:05 pm
by BoneSnapDeez
Ha, kinda wish I had preordered now. I would have been a good candidate for this testing.

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm
by bmoc
I'm fairly confident they have an N64 module in the works for post launch. It may very well be only conceptual at this point. They have stated in the past that they wanted to do an N64 module once the patents expire. Hyperkin announced their N64 clone at last year's E3 so I assume that roadblock is no longer a problem. I bet they are just looking to line up a few people with full N64 collections for when they do have a module to test. Based on some of the things they've said on Twitter, it doesn't look like modules will be part of this beta test anyway.

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:14 pm
by bmoc
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Ha, kinda wish I had preordered now. I would have been a good candidate for this testing.

If you are really that interested, preorders are still open for the moment. Not knocking anybody for taking a wait-and-see approach though. It is a significant chunk of change to drop on a company that hasn't released a product yet.

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:13 pm
by bmoc
So Polymega missed their target ship date (end of February) that they announced back in December. They also haven't sent out any beta invites/units to my knowledge. Polymega has been very quiet on social media for about 2 weeks until just now. Another big update is coming next week that includes news on: Beta, Retailer Partners, Launch Date, New Features, Plans and more.

I'm sure the holdup is probably due to the coronavirus but I'm getting quite fed up with these never ending delays. First it was the name change from Retroblox to Polymega. Then it was a hardware redesign. Then it was Intel shortages. I consider myself a fairly patient and forgiving guy but I am just about done with them. If they miss another release date, I'll be asking for a refund and tucking that money away for a PS5. I'm not saying they are scam or purposefully doing anything malicious, I'm just tired of waiting and long periods of no communication.

I really want it to be an awesome product and I still hoping for the best. But they have to get their act together and be transparent with their customers investors in a timely manner.

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:24 pm
by BoneSnapDeez
It's coming. Just slowly.

Remember how people were calling the Retron 5 vaporware in the months before its launch??

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:35 pm
by bmoc
BoneSnapDeez wrote:It's coming. Just slowly.

Remember how people were calling the Retron 5 vaporware in the months before its launch??

Indeed but you know how the old saying goes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me five times, shame on me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for them but I'm nearing the point where I am going to take my money elsewhere. I sincerely hope next week brings good news.