128-bit

Re: Atari Landfill games selling for stupid amounts

Post by Overload »

If only people with this much money to blow put it toward something worthwhile
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

Overload wrote:If only people with this much money to blow put it toward something worthwhile

dude... are you shilling for this concept or what? this is a weird thread to bring that up in.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Overload wrote:If only people with this much money to blow put it toward something worthwhile

My bank account is something worthwhile.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

jbeedham
8-bit

Post by jbeedham »

To cashout and make the big bucks on your minty ET carts put "MISSED LANDFILL" in your next Ebay auction. :mrgreen:
AES | CDZ | Dreamcast | Duo | Genesis | NES | SNES | Xbox | 7800
Kaneda
8-bit

Post by Kaneda »

Still would make a great new revival film "Indiana Jones and the landfill of Atari" Maybe Melissa Mcarthy can be the new Indy?
Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Thing that killed me was right after the Landfill I had an Atari lot which sold for $5-$10 or something which I was fine with since I had about 100 duplicates left over after nailing a really solid deal. However at the time I was trying out the eBay global or whatever it's called where they ship the item internationally for you and charge the buyer an additional fee well the buyer ended up being in Spain so shipping came out to like $40+ with eBays BS fees. Thinking there is no way this guy was going to pay that much I double checked with him before shipping it out and offered him a refund if he wanted it. You know what I got in a response a rather rude and abusive message about how I was trying to screw him out of the games because among all those commons was a copy of E.T. which was pure gold :roll: . The Atari Landfill sure brought a bunch of morons into the Atari market place :P. There is a reason E.T. got the landfill treatment they made way to freaking many of them it's about as common as combat, defender, and asteroids which you can't hardly give away :lol: .
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Fragems wrote:There is a reason E.T. got the landfill treatment they made way to freaking many of them it's about as common as combat, defender, and asteroids which you can't hardly give away :lol: .

Also, and for the record, it is a perfectly fine game. While it is not as much fun as some of the 2600's very best games, its reputation for poor quality is completely undeserved.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I've always thought that, too. E.T. isn't awful, it's just rather inscrutable. But that's what happens to many games that aren't entirely clear about the mechanics, win states, or any other problems that can get in the way of enjoying the game.

Another example I can think of, but for a different system, is Street Fighter 2010. Most people think it sucks. Heck, I used to think it sucked. But as I practiced, learned the moveset and whatnot, I found that it was actually a pretty decent, possibly even good, game.