Super Retro Trio NES S-Video Output.

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Super Retro Trio NES S-Video Output.

Post by Hobie-wan »

Duane Dibbley wrote:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/composite
\käm-ˈpä-zət, kəm-ˈ, especially British ˈkäm-pə-zit\

Fair enough, I hadn't heard it pronounced that way.

What's with the hate on a longtime forum member (Satoshi Matrix)?

That would be ex-member due to screwing people over with trades by simply not sending for months, then ignoring them completely.

Even before that I was bugged by the fact that he blew in NES carts in every video I watched, often before even plugging them in. THis included into non toaster style NES that shouldn't 'need' it if they're clean. I calmly explained that blowing in carts was the actual problem, that the system and carts should be cleaned, and then things would be fine and should never blow in carts again. He argued that you 'always have to blow in them', ignoring all evidence to the contrary to the point of being an ass about it. So I was previously annoyed that anyone watching his videos will likely continue the bullshit of blowing in carts. Then he screwed people over on trades (at least 2, based off feedback total) and didn't care.

Anyway, video answered question sort of though. Back on track.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

fuctfuct wrote:Unknown. His vids are very unprofessional and unscripted. But i like em. Just a normal guy makin vids about stuff he loves.

ERMAHGERD!! he didn't pause the vid and/or make an edit to go and professionally clean his currently nonworking NES game. Not part of the retro master race i guess.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of them for those reasons, but that would just cause me to not bother watching and if someone else watched them, fine. My reasons are as noted.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

comp-a-zit.

satoshi matrix sucks, he did the exact same trade bs with members on the cover project, nintendoage, and others, if i'm not mistaken. over the course of several years.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

aaron wrote:
fuctfuct wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMbtjUBeO8

11:30

i've never, ever, ever heard anyone pronounce the word "composite" like that. "comp-a-zit."

Go easy on him, man. He's Canadian.
Duane Dibbley
128-bit

Post by Duane Dibbley »

Hobie-wan wrote:
What's with the hate on a longtime forum member (Satoshi Matrix)?
That would be ex-member due to screwing people over with trades by simply not sending for months, then ignoring them completely.

Even before that I was bugged by the fact that he blew in NES carts in every video I watched, often before even plugging them in. THis included into non toaster style NES that shouldn't 'need' it if they're clean. I calmly explained that blowing in carts was the actual problem, that the system and carts should be cleaned, and then things would be fine and should never blow in carts again. He argued that you 'always have to blow in them', ignoring all evidence to the contrary to the point of being an ass about it. So I was previously annoyed that anyone watching his videos will likely continue the bullshit of blowing in carts. Then he screwed people over on trades (at least 2, based off feedback total) and didn't care.

That makes more sense. I guess I missed all that drama somehow.
My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
aaron wrote:

i've never, ever, ever heard anyone pronounce the word "composite" like that. "comp-a-zit."

how else will he ever learn?
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Fuck is wrong with being Canadian!? :mrgreen:
Purkeynator
64-bit

Post by Purkeynator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
aaron wrote:

Yep, I actually did a trade with him in person when I was on vacation in Niagara Falls. Met him, shook his hand, chatted with him about retro games and everything. Then he screwed me over a few weeks later with a shipment of stuff I sent to him to save him on customs and receive things from companies who didn't ship to Canada. He finally paid me back after about a year and the moderators here on Racketboy put pressure on him. Can't believe he would do that to a "friend", I used to chat with him on messenger all the time. Guess you never really know....