Turok Rage Wars GRAY CART news

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
NintendoRobot
16-bit

Turok Rage Wars GRAY CART news

Post by NintendoRobot »

An unopened, undiscovered shipment of Gray cartridge copies for Turok: Rage Wars was found and individually each cart was sold on ebay for $12.
As the story goes, these gray carts are extremely rare as no one knows how many are out there. Acclaim gave out these copies to customers who complained and sent in their black copies of the game due to a game-breaking glitch at the end of the Co-Op campaign.

The video in the link below provides evidence and details on this, the description on the video also has a few sources:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOBJEzZkvgE

2600 Jr. - NES - SNES(x2) - Nintendo 64(x3) - Gamecube(x2) - Wii - Sega Genesis (Model 2) - PSOne (Model 1) - PS2 Slim - Game Boy - Game Boy Pocket - Game Boy Color - GBA(x2) - GBA SP(x2) - DS - DSLite - PC
AppleQueso

Re: Turok Rage Wars GRAY CART news

Post by AppleQueso »

I was reading a bit about this on Nintendoage.

Man, I'm betting the guys who actually got in on the carts when they were $12 are feeling very lucky now.

Isn't the Cheetahmen II prototype cart thing a similar story? It was discovered when a box of them was found in a warehouse and copies were sold for like $5 or something.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

There was a youtube video on them, and then all of a sudden - literally within one day - they sold out. It's not really news, though, since it's been over a year.
YellowGameboyColor

Post by YellowGameboyColor »

I have one :) I found it at a local bookshop that resells games as well. $3 :D