Complete CIB SNES collection on eBay

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
AppleQueso

Re: Complete CIB SNES collection on eBay

Post by AppleQueso »

WallCrusher wrote:Damn that is a lot of games. He must have cash to burn if it only took him three years to collect all of that. I wonder what the rest of his game collection must look like.

I don't now, I imagine if SNES was the ONLY thing you were buying you could acquire all that on a fairly modest income.
brainerdrainer
32-bit

Post by brainerdrainer »

damnnn that's nice
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Update: Some things have changed. It's now a $25k BIN with no best offer, and he's now offering freight shipping at the buyer's expense. Last time I checked there was 197 offers made, and that was about a week ago. I'm guessing most of the offers were just extreme low balls, and he got tired of it. Taking the best offer option away is risky because you now can't except an offer for only $1,000 less or something like that. Well, I'm sure you can in private, but not every one feels comfortable haggling. So in limiting himself that way, he's smart to add a shipping option. He says the collection will be about 4 crates at about 400 pounds LOL.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

When you think of all the common games and sports titles, $25,000 is WAY too fucking much!

Also, a lot of the fun of collecting is to actually search and COLLECT the games on your own. If you buy something like this, your search (and probably your bank account/child's future college fund) is completely over with. Where's the fun (and logic) in that?
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

That is roughly $33-35 a game. A bit of leeway in there as there are some extra boxes and 26 duplicates.

But still, this seems way too high. Especially with some manuals missing and not all items being in great condition.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:When you think of all the common games and sports titles, $25,000 is WAY too fucking much!

Also, a lot of the fun of collecting is to actually search and COLLECT the games on your own. If you buy something like this, your search (and probably your bank account/child's future college fund) is completely over with. Where's the fun (and logic) in that?

Well one plus side is you'll be one step closer to having a game room as cool as NintendoTwizer's :P

I imagine the especially rare titles, and especially the boxes for said especially rare titles really bump that price up quite a bit. I don't know how the math adds up on all that though, especially considering how wildly prices on CIB stuff can fluxuate based on condition.

It could be a really nice deal all things considered, or it could just be you ending up paying extra to get it all at once.

I kinda agree though, the hunt is half the fun. I'll admit though, if I actually had the cash I'd at least be considering dropping it on this.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

BoringSupreez wrote:Correct. And IMO, Saturn is the console most in need of an accurate emulator + complete database of ROMs.

I wholeheartedly agree. The N64 uses cartridges and the PlayStation has newer consoles that are able to play its games. The Saturn has neither of these luxuries.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Wow!! :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection