newly discovered CIB Air Raid up for auction

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
aaron
Next-Gen

newly discovered CIB Air Raid up for auction

Post by aaron »

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000687017

it's been authenticated by Al over at AA so that's cool. there's a couple of neat youtube videos too. it got listed today and is already at $15k+
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: newly discovered CIB Air Raid up for auction

Post by Erik_Twice »

I'll never understand why someone would spend a cent on "rare" videogames.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

The closing price for this game will be insane...

In fact, it's already insane right now...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

General_Norris wrote:I'll never understand why someone would spend a cent on "rare" videogames.

You mean you wouldn't pay a few dollars for Panzer Dragoon Saga? :shock:

I guess you mean the extra MOUNTAINS of cents. And why pay exorbitant amounts when there are other games to to found for sane prices?

Otherwise, you just are annoyed about the big fuss people make out of owning these so called Holy Grails (and I don't blame you for that).

I generally don't get into that nonsense either. But sometimes there's a game that just means a little more to you than normal. So I'm guilty of making a few contributions to the madness (nothing near $1000+ contributions, mind you).

What bugs me is the high dollar sealed collecting of games,
...but that's another topic.
...just another lost soul...
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

nightrnr wrote:
General_Norris wrote:I'll never understand why someone would spend a cent on "rare" videogames.

But sometimes there's a game that just means a little more to you than normal. So I'm guilty of making a few contributions to the madness (nothing near $1000+ contributions, mind you).

I hear ya on this, I collect certain interest but not everything.

nightrnr wrote:What bugs me is the high dollar sealed collecting of games,
...but that's another topic.

This I will never understand.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

that is awesome.

Give us all more hope in finding one.

Check out the vids too. The guy has lots of games still in their boxes!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

Apparently that's the only CIB one in existence and the bid is already up to 17.8 k. Pretty ridiculous. It's not even a good game.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Oh look another Racketboy thread where people go on and on about how they don't comprehend collectors. This happens every single time someone makes a thread about a legitimately rare game popping up for auction.

Do you guys act this way about other high value collectables that pop up that aren't video game related?

It just has this air of condescension that kinda bothers me, it's only a step away from the people who are like "Wow, they actually buy their old video games? I will never comprehend people who insist on playing on real hardware when emulation is just fine and free."
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

AppleQueso wrote:This happens every single time someone makes a thread about a legitimately rare game popping up for auction.

Yes, it's rare, so what? That's what I find silly, paying a lot just to own a something rare, not something interesting or culturally significant. In other words, I can see people paying for Panzer Dragoon but not for this.

But if it makes you happy, it's your own money! It doesn't matter what I think.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

General_Norris wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:This happens every single time someone makes a thread about a legitimately rare game popping up for auction.

Yes, it's rare, so what? That's what I find silly, paying a lot just to own a something rare, not something interesting or culturally significant. In other words, I can see people paying for Panzer Dragoon but not for this.

But if it makes you happy, it's your own money! It doesn't matter what I think.

One could make an argument that in this case, it's sheer scarcity is exactly what makes it interesting.

Everyone has their own reasons for buying this sort of thing. I can't tell you how they rationalize wanting to drop that kind of cash on this, but I'm sure they have their own reasons.

I guess I'm just saying that I consider collecting to be almost a separate hobby than playing retro games. There's a lot of overlap of course, but yeah. It is what it is.