New retro gaming podcast: 1 More Podcastle

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
NintendoLegend
32-bit

New retro gaming podcast: 1 More Podcastle

Post by NintendoLegend »

Hi friends,

If you don’t need any convincing and are already interested in checking out a new podcast dedicated to retro gaming, then cool! Here are the links:

Episode 1 – Lawnmowers!
Episode 2 – Attack of the Canadians!

Otherwise, here is my humble pitch:

Collaborative retro gaming features site 1 More Castle now has our own weekly podcast, affectionately titled 1 More Podcastle. We just released our second episode last night, but I can already say that we are proud of our product and hope to gain some early adopter fans that can stick with us throughout a long haul of conversational fun.

So the key question is: “Is 1 More Podcastle worth listening to every week?” While I hope the answer is “yes” for you, if I were completely honest, the answer is probably closer to “maybe.” So, in order to help you make your decision whether or not to give it an honest chance, here are some specific details about the podcast.

Our scene is 100% retro. In episode 2, there is a brief tangent about Assassin’s Creed; but even then, it was used as a point about one of the flaws of modern gaming. Now, we believe video games are generally great and the modern scene is not an enemy – but this podcast is explicitly, totally retro-centric. You will hear about the NES, Sega Genesis, Turbografx 64, PS1, Atari 2600, etc.

Our episodes are fairly short. The second episode clocks in at just over 30 minutes. If you’re the kind of person who likes a solid 90-minute ‘cast, you may need to listen to 3 of our episodes back-to-back-to-back! We are aiming for a format that would approach 45 minutes at its longest. Our tone is lighthearted and breezy.

Our draw is the Retro Showdown. Our format is fairly simple: Typical intros/icebreaker, a retro gaming discussion question, a musical interlude… then the Showdown. We have three hosts, who each give a 2-minute pitch about the retro game they picked for the episode. Then we go into about 10 minutes of free-for-all discussion/debate/argument about whose game is best. This is fun for us, so we hope it’s fun for listeners too. And here’s the kicker: Listeners can vote on the episode page for their favorite game of the trio presented. We argue, you give us feedback on whose argument was most convincing, and leave a comment too if you want.

I am not very iSavvy myself, but I believe we are available on iTunes as well. So if you like podcasts and you like retro gaming – really, just try us out. Let me know what you think! Thanks.
SkirmishFrogs.com -- A lighthearted retro gaming community.

NintendoLegend.com -- One retro gamer's quest to play and review every American-released NES game.