Bad Dudes 2

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Runefaust
64-bit

Bad Dudes 2

Post by Runefaust »

Are you a bad enough dude to save the president? Again?

Pinstripe Games has acquired the license to produce an official sequel to the arcade classic, Bad Dudes, and have started a campaign petitioning for backers to support the project on Kickstarter.

They're offering some pretty cool rewards for pledges, so check it out if you're interested in old school beat 'em ups!

They brought me onto the team as the lead artist (currently the only artist, lol), so I'm busting my butt trying to do my part. I've been assured they'll hire on more artists if we meet our 80k goal. If you wanna keep tabs on the artistic side of the development process feel free to check out my blog. If you want to know more about the project check out the Kickstarter page an' you can even ask the lead designer himself about our big endeavor.

Thanks for your time, guys! \m/
d123456
Next-Gen

Re: Bad Dudes 2

Post by d123456 »

I like the name Dragon Ninja 1000 times better.
Good luck with the art direction and the game. I am a huge Data East fan.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
johnnyonthespot
8-bit

Post by johnnyonthespot »

A friend and I backed this project with a $30 donation. But the kickstarter campaign isn't looking good. Few backers for the project. I guess we'll see.
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

johnnyonthespot wrote:A friend and I backed this project with a $30 donation. But the kickstarter campaign isn't looking good. Few backers for the project. I guess we'll see.

Yeah, despite their efforts there are a few mistakes the guys in charge have made that left a bad first impression. They're working hard trying to make this thing a success but ultimately this thing was put out prematurely. I mean I was brought on a couple days after the Kickstarter campaign was launched only to find out hey, you're the lead (and only artist) and we have to start over from scratch.

I say wait a couple months and then you'll see a project worth investing in. Right now, there's really not that much to show.
johnnyonthespot
8-bit

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Runefaust wrote:Yeah, despite their efforts there are a few mistakes the guys in charge have made that left a bad first impression. They're working hard trying to make this thing a success but ultimately this thing was put out prematurely. I mean I was brought on a couple days after the Kickstarter campaign was launched only to find out hey, you're the lead (and only artist) and we have to start over from scratch.

I say wait a couple months and then you'll see a project worth investing in. Right now, there's really not that much to show.

I was really impressed that they actual bought the license to Bad Dudes in the first place. Not just a knock of "Unofficial" release. That's what made me really interested in it. So even if this game does not get made, I'm sure someone else will probably pick up the license.

Sure would like to play it though.