Next-Gen

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 remake

Post by Jmustang1968 »

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03 ... d-edition/

Holy crap, I think this news excites me more than the D3 release date
Flake

Re: Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 remake

Post by Flake »

But I still have not played the originals!
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Flake wrote:But I still have not played the originals!

Well I guess you can just play these. Without some mods, BG1 is especially tough to play nowadays. This should still be pretty faithful to the original games.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I played what I considered a fair amount of time with the first one but got frustrated by the endless bandit-killing before they would let me into Baldur's Gate.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Nemoide wrote:I played what I considered a fair amount of time with the first one but got frustrated by the endless bandit-killing before they would let me into Baldur's Gate.

Least you gave it a chance. Kind of reminds me of my attempts at Fallout 1-2, I got to the end of the first game and liked it... outside of the combat. I wish it was more like Jagged Alliance or something, on that note I still do need to check out Fallout Tactics, but I never hear much about it. Again, people always suggest JA2 way over it, haha.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Flake wrote:But I still have not played the originals!

I hear ya. I have a shit ton of RPGs on my "Gotta Play" list.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

o_0

That was out of left field. Awesome.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Zing
Next-Gen

Post by Zing »

Nemoide wrote:I played what I considered a fair amount of time with the first one but got frustrated by the endless bandit-killing before they would let me into Baldur's Gate.

The Baldur's Gate section is pretty much the last chapter of the game. There is plenty to do before this point. Isn't this like complaining that you have to wade through levels of goomba and koopas before entering Bowser's Castle?
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Zing wrote:

The Baldur's Gate section is pretty much the last chapter of the game. There is plenty to do before this point. Isn't this like complaining that you have to wade through levels of goomba and koopas before entering Bowser's Castle?

I think he has a point though. One of my gaming regrets is that I stopped playing Baldur's Gate around that part of the game as well. I don't know exactly why as that is atypical for me - which is why it irks me and I really should try to find my ooold save games to complete it. There probably was some real life circumstances that pushed me to stop playing it, but I remember it was getting boring as well.

Ivo.
Zing
Next-Gen

Post by Zing »

Baldur's Gate was indeed the king of "hey we have this very important mission to accomplish, but let's dick around in the countryside doing side-quests and other meaningless stuff for a few weeks first".
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay