Double Fine Kickstarter for new Point and Click

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Double Fine Kickstarter for new Point and Click

Post by fastbilly1 »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

I'm sad to see this isn't get enough recognition. I could really see this being a great game...

I just dont see how they could make a new Wasteland. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt Wasteland pretty much Ultima in a apocalyptic world?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

General_Norris wrote:It has gotten 200K since yesterday, they will make it. And glad I am, because even if I'm not particularly interested as of now, I really like how this bussiness model caters to niches.

Just a friendly note (since I've seen it in a couple of your posts lately), business has one 's'.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Stark wrote:Just a friendly note (since I've seen it in a couple of your posts lately), business has one 's'.

I beg to differ, it has 3.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

fastbilly1 wrote:
Stark wrote:Just a friendly note (since I've seen it in a couple of your posts lately), business has one 's'.

I beg to differ, it has 3.

A la mjmjr25's Y'sss?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

fastbilly1 wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

I'm sad to see this isn't get enough recognition. I could really see this being a great game...

I just dont see how they could make a new Wasteland. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt Wasteland pretty much Ultima in a apocalyptic world?

Never played Ultima. But think of it as the father of Fallout 1/2, but with a more goofy, 80's styled nature.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

This looks particularly interesting. I threw down for it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sto ... anner-saga

Also perhaps relevant to the poster above me?

It is being made by three guys from Bioware Austin and takes its inspiration from FF Tactics and other tactical SRPGs and the art of Eyvind Earle. The art direction is pretty nice imo and the poster is bad ass.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Octopod wrote:This looks particularly interesting. I threw down for it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sto ... anner-saga

Also perhaps relevant to the poster above me?

It is being made by three guys from Bioware Austin and takes its inspiration from FF Tactics and other tactical SRPGs and the art of Eyvind Earle. The art direction is pretty nice imo and the poster is bad ass.

Seriously, that is amazing. A 2D real animation game, with FUCKING VIKINGS? I'm practically nerdgasaming right now. I can't control my feeling of love. I must get a job with these guys or something. Maybe I should get on at Bioware Austin when I get older? It's just down the road...
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I really like this idea! Yeah I donated to Tim Schafer's cause, and I've never even gotten past the first quarter on any point and click game except Deja Vu on the NES. I don't want more vikings, but I'd really like my Megaman Legends 3. I'd love to keep funding a "Chasing the dragon" type support method. I keep working and funding the cause till one day *POP* I have my dream game. I'd keep funding it till I died! Comeon Capcom, let me chase the dragon! Don't tell me I gotta quit cold turkey or keep poping my zits and smoking already used speed*.

*disclaimer: I don't have any pimples except one on my ass and i've never used crystal meth.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

These kickstarters keep coming out so you have to pick and choose who you want to support. The only ones that I gave my money to are The Banner Saga and Wasteland 2. I'm still waiting for Obsidian to make a kickstarter announcement though.

@Forlorn Drifter

The game does look beautiful doesn't it? I'm a fan of old school Disney so when I saw the graphic style and learned it was a tactical RPG based on vikings I jumped right on it. Apparently they plan it as a trilogy of games which is why the first one is called Chapter 1. If you throw down $50 or more on the kickstarter you get all three games as they come out. I had to go that option just because I wanted one of those bad ass posters. :D
Last edited by Octopod on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Post by Jerkface Killah »

Octopod wrote:These kickstarters keep coming out so you have to pick and choose who you want to support. The only ones that I gave my money to are The Banner Saga and Wasteland 2. I'm still waiting for Obsidian to make a kickstarter announcement though.

It was also nice to see that the kickstarter for Shadowrun 2 was funded as well. Note that this is a sequel to the 16-bit era Shadowrun games, not the Xbox 360 game.
Last edited by Jerkface Killah on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JFK