Post by GigaPepsiMan »

Odin Sphere Review (PS2)
Screenshot from Muramasa*

Just be careful of stuff like this.
Xonticus
128-bit

Re: New Retrogaming website - RetroRetreat.net

Post by Xonticus »

Thanks for all the comments! I'm sorry for not being in the topic, it's been pretty crazy!

The twitter is not yet active, and I never looked into deactivating the button.

Yes, we plan on doing more than just reviews, I'm actually working on some quick first impression videos on some turbografx 16 games at the moment, and some more video features.

I'm going to edit that one ps2 review, sometimes stuff like that slips by when I don't pay enough attention! I'm the only one currently editing the site, as well as maintaining everything (as I am the sole owner) and if anyone has any questions or requests let me know.

The hard part is trying to balance my real life, adding content myself and trying to inspire my authors to contribute and play with their own content. I promise I will be more active in this topic knowing that people are interested, and for any new updates not in this topic, We have the facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/RetroRetreat)

As far as why the .net, ".com" was already taken and I didn't feel like entering into a buyout war, not yet anyways ;) Plus it was cheap!
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
bigjt_2

Post by bigjt_2 »

Looks good. Any chance of adding a homebrew/unlicensed section? :-)
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

It's been a rough few months, but things are finally starting to come back again! I got my team motivated, some new content released and we are pushing full steam ahead!

I also had some interest from a local retro game store, so we are advertising each other and doing cross promotion. We'll probably be doing a piece about his store in the coming month or so.

I'm preparing to move and have boxed up all of my collection, but with some new found help and support we will be doing a bunch of Youtube videos and starting a few series in the future. My friend and Co-Editor just got a capture card and will be helping me do these videos. In the meantime, please let me know what you think and if you like what you see share the site on facebook with your friends with the various Share buttons throughout the site. Also, throw me some suggestions either here, or shoot me an email at IRnick@yahoo.com with any comments, concerns, etc.

bigjt_2 wrote:Looks good. Any chance of adding a homebrew/unlicensed section? :-)

We'd LOVE to dig into that, and actually by way of our sponsor we have some access to physical homebrews and import retro games that we would otherwise not see ever. I will tell the team about this and we'll go from there! Thanks for the idea!
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

I was just told that we are going to be covering a Zelda homebrew soon (not sure which one), and we already have a guy working on Shin Chan for the Super Famicom (I believe Crayon Shin Chan).
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

I hate to keep bumping this with no reply, but I wanted to post an update.

We started a Facebook goal setting, where when we reach 100 likes we will be giving away a free retro game. We are planning to do bigger giveaways in the future!

Also, I spent all damned night fixing the comments section of each post. So check out our site, see what you think and if you have something to say you can post it right there!

Thanks for your attention.
brandman
32-bit

Post by brandman »

Inazuma wrote:http://retroretreat.net/

There's the link for those of you too lazy to type it yourself.

Thank God you posted the link, I was gonna (try to) force the OP to post a link lol.

*douche*

EDIT:

I just saw your website.

Nice design. I like the color band in the back that provides color to the greyscale sprites that liter the background of the site. The logo is very nice too. Seems legit, bookmarked.
Image Image Image VVV
3DS Friend Code: 4382 - 2058 - 7982