vlame
Next-Gen

Retrode2

by vlame Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm

never heard of the first one but this looks very promising

http://www.retrode.org/
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Retrode2

by fastbilly1 Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:34 am

The Retrode was a neat device, I just didnt see the point of it other than from dumping roms or saves. You are still using an emulator, which is usually not console accurate.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 am

wow, looks kind of awesome. I personally do 99.9% of my gaming on my computer monitor. I have my PS3 plugged into HDMI, and my DC into VGA. When I need to hook up my Cube or PS2, it's through a VGA box. I have limited space, so something like THIS seems pretty cool. Just leave this hooked into a spare USB. I see what Fast is saying, but no matter how you cut it, collecting physical carts is much cooler than loading up a ROM.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:44 am

noiseredux wrote: I see what Fast is saying, but no matter how you cut it, collecting physical carts is much cooler than loading up a ROM.

Well duh.
Inazuma
Next-Gen

by Inazuma Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 pm

I remember watching Gamester81's video on the first one. It is pretty cool to be able to dump my own ROMs. Sometimes I have a really fucking hard time finding Japanese ROMs.
vlame
Next-Gen

by vlame Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Inazuma wrote:I remember watching Gamester81's video on the first one. It is pretty cool to be able to dump my own ROMs. Sometimes I have a really fucking hard time finding Japanese ROMs.

good point, he is also making adatpers to read gba/64 and other systems.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

by FerretGamer Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Whoa. That is the coolest thing ever. I'd love to play my real games and not just some ROM on the PC like that.

Absolutely brilliant. 8)
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Matthias_H

by Matthias_H Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:22 pm

vlame wrote:good point, he is also making adatpers to read gba/64 and other systems.

To be fair, I consider all plug-ins work in progress. I've only just managed to dump MBC3 and MBC5 games (Pokemon etc.). Save games are not supported yet, and for the N64 I'm not even sure as to which save types (EEPROM, Flash, etc.) are technically possible at all.

Eventually, I dream of converting even the GB camera into a USB-standard webcam :) Anyone care to reverse-engineer its ROM? (please PM me)
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Ah, the Retrode. I came across this a few weeks back and was gonna post here about it but forgot to. I plan on getting one.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
vlame
Next-Gen

by vlame Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Matthias_H wrote:
vlame wrote:good point, he is also making adatpers to read gba/64 and other systems.

To be fair, I consider all plug-ins work in progress. I've only just managed to dump MBC3 and MBC5 games (Pokemon etc.). Save games are not supported yet, and for the N64 I'm not even sure as to which save types (EEPROM, Flash, etc.) are technically possible at all.

Eventually, I dream of converting even the GB camera into a USB-standard webcam :) Anyone care to reverse-engineer its ROM? (please PM me)

cool, hope to hear more updates soon. :)
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
Return to Old-School Gaming News